Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sad but true

Despite many mixed emotions I have decided to sell my Durant coupe. It has been a good car, in many ways the nicest car I have ever owned. It was a deeper commitment than I had ever made to any other old car and because of that I learned so much about taking care of and working on old cars It was a life long dream fulfilled.

It will go on eBay this evening. In the listing I included a brief shout-out to this group. I never would have had any fun with the car or any success in maintaining or driving the car without the support I found here. I have never stopped being grateful.

Motor safely and keep the marque alive,
Justin

Where Are You From? Rochester, NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M2

Re: Sad but true

Ebay 300962497799

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Justin;
I've seen your posting on Ebay and can feel your hesitation and feelings for having to let your family member go. To some our cars are but old metal, rubber and wood, but to others it becomes a treasured family member, memories of past relatives, fun times driving a part of history down the road or chance to be part of a time when life was much slower and not so complex. No cell phones, no power windows, no cruise control and no air conditioning. When the thought of an automobile in every driveway was just a dream, not a reality as today and when it was an exciting time to take a trip anywhere. Good luck in your sales and we hope the new owner treasurers the car as much as you have.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Hi Justin,
Sure hate to see you part with that beautiful Durant. Think I was President when you joined and talked to you at one time. Wish you would reconsider as we need members with your drive and enthusiasm.
Best of luck on your sale.

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks ,NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24 Flint

My Durant left the garage for the last time yesterday morning. I took a 15 second movie of the engine running so I could have that sweet sound documented. I drove it up the ramp into the trailer, cut the ignition, turned off the gas, and watched it leave for for NJ.

It was probably the nicest car I will ever own and I will miss it.

Thanks again for all your support over the last dozen years.
Justin

Where Are You From? Rochester, NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not today

Justin

and we look forward to the delivery of the Durant, and thank you for your patience. Peg and I are looking forward to having this car in our collection.

and as we have said to you, if you want to visit NJ and drive the M2, just call and let us know.

Charlie and Peggy

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes four of them

Hi Justin,

Well I sorry to see you sold the Coupe, I always liked that Durant of yours.
You were one of the first people on this forum to discuss tech stuff and to get your car on the road. I also recall you were also one of the first to talk about rebuilding the Spicer joint.

It's good to see it will go to a good home.

Don't be a stranger to the forum Justin.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club