Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Brake lining material

What have you guys used for re-lining your brakes and how has it worked for you. I know that McMaster-Carr sells brake lining material, but it has several different types. They have metal free and high strength type. On the AACA forum one person complained that the high strength has caused the brakes to grab or be too sensitive. What have most of you used to re-line your brakes?

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Re: Brake lining material

I have McMasters semi- metalic woven brake (hi-strength) lining on most of my cars and It does not grab, quite the contrary, I almost wish it would grab...Just finished putting the semi-metalic woven on the Flint and nothing to write home about, I think after they discontinued with the asbestos lining it is difficult to obtain the same stopping ability...My two cents.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Brake lining material

Is Tubby's site of any use to you Mike under Links ... Rugby, Star, Durant Parts For Sale .. page 4 .. Rugby (Star) vintage car old stock Brake Linings. Tony Noonan vintage Parts .. Shoes shown just say Durant Essex on the linings.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club