Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone have a spare rod bolt?

Anyone have a spare rod bolt for a Continental flat head? I am reassembling a Continental flat head, but unfortunately a prior rebuilder severely damaged the threads on one rod bolt.

The bolt is 3/8 diameter, 2 and 1/2 inches overall length, and it is cross drilled on the threaded end for a safety cotter pin. The engine is a F400A, 4 cylinder (about an early 1950's engine I would guess). I suspect that Cotinental used the same rod bolts on their flat head 4 and 6 cylinder engines for years so I am hoping someone will have one in their odd and ends pile. A used serviceble bolt and nut would work just fine.

Bob Bush
Aubun,WA
253-939-9670

Where Are You From? Auburn, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1930 Durant 407

Re: Anyone have a spare rod bolt?

Is this what your looking for Bob? 3/8 2 1/2 shank.

photo 100_6057_zpsd0f31777.jpg

Its yours if you want it.

I need a fuel pump rebuild kit. Anyone know where to get one?

Thx!

Keith n

Do You own a car built by Durant? 30 durant

Keith .. don't know if its of any help to you but I bought two AC Fuel Pumps First Aid Repair Kit BD2 U and F Types 15245032 off ebay in the UK a few years back for the 32. (one as spare) Drilled out the shaft in the diaphragm so I could use our shaft with nut instead. Has a pile of misc gaskets to fit a few adaptions. I was only interested in the diaphragm since fuel pump was in half on passenger side floor board for over 40 yrs. Used the bolts and parts off a broken 407 pump to put it back together again and one gasket, pump to block. Rest of kit is of no use to us.

Just noted back of box says Made in England .. AC-Delco, Division of General Motors Ltd, Dunstable, England.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? Dominion built 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Keith.
Yes, that is the one I need!
I will give you a call, and maybe we can connect up this weekend if you are in town.
Bob
253-939-9670

Where Are You From? Auburn

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Buzz over Sunday morning before Jeanne and I take off for Camano Is.
Otherwise you'll have to wait until Tue

kn

Hi Keith.
Tuesday looks best. Been a while since I have been to your place so I will need directions.
Bob

Where Are You From? Auburn

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

rod bolt to fuel pump

Hi Norm,,you say that the diaphragm from this kit is a good fit? That's just what I need! I'll try to look it up on E-bay,,,

Thx!

Re: rod bolt to fuel pump

Hi Keith ... Yes diaphragm itself is exact fit except for the center shaft, which I drilled out so I could use our threaded shaft / washers / nut. I was looking all over the place to find one for the 32 and hit this lad in Eng selling the NOS AC kits on ebay and took a chance this one might fit our pumps. Pic sure looked like ours but for shaft. Must have been 2007 as its the 3rd entry on the page I jotted down part and price I paid. First was car and 2nd was headlights Dec 2006 which was all same time, so this is first part in my quest for many (still looking) and paid $23.28 Can for the pair which inc shipping, so they can't have cost much each. Think shipping was more than both boxes. Unfortunately I have no idea who he was or where now as I didn't retain the ebay / shipping info. I know he had a pile of them for some reason plus other NOS items which were of no use to us.
We had an AC-Delco outlet in Bells Corners near me and they couldn't provide a diaphragm / kit but did have continental engine parts as well. Benson Auto Parts bought them out, plus other stores in Ottawa and the Valley, which ended the conny parts source.

Was just looking in search at hit a forum in Smokestack for someone looking for a conny pump kit and a responder said to try this place http://www.oldtimeparts.com/ Doesn't list Durant but might have something if he's got parts 1920 and up ? Another thought is Randy Minaker who has piles of used / NOS parts where I bought the muffler and all light bulbs. He did still have oil canisters. http://minakersautoparts.ca/home/

Hi All.......

The fuel pump rebuild kit for a Farmall F-12 tractor is an exact fit for the AC fuel pump on the 1930 Durant.

They are available from the Fordson House in Michigan.

No need to modify anything, they have a basic and also a complete kit.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Your kidding! this is good news,, What engine does the Farmall use?
I may be able to get it right here at Hagens Vintage Auto.

Kn

That's great Frank and this type of info should be listed in DMAC somewhere. Its like you saying the Chevy heat sensor in block is same as the 1930. Unfortunately no good for 31 / 32 with one piece fluid, gauge to block.

Fordson House 24527-DAX Basic Fuel Pump Rebuild Kit $28.00

Keith per search built 1932 - 38 .. you can read up on this at

http://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/5/4/541-farmall-f-12.html

Manufacturer: International Harvester

Factory: Chicago, Illinois and Neuss, Germany

Total built: 123,442 USA 2,848 Germany

International Harvester 1.9L 4-cyl gasoline
Waukesha 1.9L 4-cyl gasoline

The Durant Motors Automobile Club