Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clutch Material Thickness

I have been restoring the Durant for about 7 years now. When I had the clutch relined,I believe that the new material was too thick (approx 1/8 inch).

This has caused some difficult adjustment problems and I am currently experiencing some intermittent clutch squealing noises when the clutch pedal is depressed.

I need to know what the clutch material thickness should be before I reline the plate again.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Where Are You From? Livermore,Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Durant Model 60 2 dr Coupe

Re: Clutch Material Thickness

Hi Dick,

I think that the squaling noise you are hearing is more likely the piolet bearing for the clutch shaft as the only time when it turns is when the clutch is depressed...Not sure about the clutch facing thickness.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 model 40 coupe, '23 A-22 touring, '25 Flint H-40

Re: Clutch Material Thickness

Sorry, there is the possiability that it could be either the clutch release bearing or the piolet bearing/bushing that is making the noise when depressing the clutch.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 model 40 coupe, '23 A-22 touring, '25 Flint H-40

The Durant Motors Automobile Club