Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
'24 Spring Images

I finally was able to push out (literally) my '24 Star Roadster for some sunny images. Once I get the wiring figured out she'll be on the road. Thanks for all the help to get it this far!

Jim Chochole

[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]
[/URL]

Where Are You From? IL

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, '24 Star Roadster

Re: '24 Spring Images

looking good jim. I'm still waiting on the shop for my radiator and fuel tank and hope to drive mine out at some point. the waiting is driving me crazy though been 5 weeks going on 6. oh well such is life i guess. Hurry up and wait.

Where Are You From? spokane wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star touring model m

Jim... always good to see other members projects. "Neat" looking little Roadster. Body wise... your car looks very solid and to be in really good condition. Did you buy this car or has it been in your family? Got a history?

A side note... backround car looks like a metal bumper Corvette? I think they went to plastic bumpers in '73. I sprayed a '72 about 4 years ago.
Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flints

Jim
What a neat looking coupe and hope to see it at a Durant meet someday. Don't see many of them so it will be a nice addition to the restored car family. Hey Jim G, I also spotted that Corvette. Wished I had that in my garage too. I like those pre 1972 Vettes.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Thanks for the compliments- I actually snagged it off of Craigslist last winter. An estate buyer bought a house and garage contents unknown and the Star was disassembled and scattered all over the Indiana garage. The old timer had some sort of disassembly/assembly OCD and died before it was re-assembled. The seller tried to put it back together but gave up and sold it to me. The data and name plates are all gone and the title has 1927 but the wisest Durant men seem to think it is a late 1923 or early 1924 based on salient features of the car.

The Vette, on the other hand, is a '72 Stingray and my wife's lifelong dream. No way can I afford a restored one so I found a running basketcase that needs major work; my wife is currently hand-sanding the whole body down to glass and beginning from the base. Should be done in a few years.

Thanks,
Jim Chocole

Where Are You From? IL

Do You own a car built by Durant? '24 Star Roadster

Jim... good story.
Not sue if any of the other cars are like this, BUT... when I blasted the '27 Star chassis I noticed the there was a "M2 1927" stamped on the bottom of the rear half of the smallest leaf.

Also, tell your wife to keep sanding.
Here's some encouragement !

photo 100_1348600x452.jpg

photo 100_1438600x452.jpg

Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flints

There's more evidence here to re-start the front brakes on Stars discussion. -Hal

Where Are You From? E.WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? pile of Star parts

The Durant Motors Automobile Club