Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Newly Acquired 1924 Star Speedster

A few weeks back I acquired a highly modified 1924 Star speedster. I've had a few cars and this one will be a lot of fun I think. The previous owner/builder did an amazing job on the modifications and I'm looking forward to contributing to the group.

Some of the modifications:
- Custom body - firewall back in steel over tube frame.
- Conversion to an updraft carb - by using what looks like a 6 cylinder manifold and cutting it down to 4. Never saw that before
- Installed a different trans and created an aluminum adapter plate (not sure what the trans is - but he hooked up a Crosley speedometer - makes me think it may be a Crosley.
- Custom cycle fenders
- Installed a 1961-1964 VW distributor
- New 1940s era indy 500 100? spoke wire wheels

Does any one know of the car? The builder was Robert Glorioso of Clinton PA. Any ideas on the Make of the Headlights? More pics to follow in a few weeks.

We got it running, but are having some minor carb problems. Hopefully it will be on the road in a month. I'll be reading the brake documentation on the site to assist with the adjustment.

Where Are You From? New England

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Star Speedster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club