Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Procedural Question- starting the car

Kind of an odd question but as I get nearer to starting my '24 Star - once the whole vacuum system is installed and ready- to start it, do guys normally have to prime the vacuum tank first? Remove the gas line and squirt some gas down in there to get her going?

Or does something else work better? I would rather not crank on the starter long to get a new system all juiced up.

Thanks,
Jim

Where Are You From? Illinois

Do You own a car built by Durant? '24 Star

Re: Procedural Question- starting the car

On my 23 Star there is a plug in the top of the vacuum tank I can remove to put some gas in it.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928 Durant

On mine after sitting all winter I plug the vent tube turn the engine over with the starter five six times and its putting fuel to the carb.

Where Are You From? Wisconsin

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star coupster

By vent tube did you mean the small brass atmospheric vent on the top of the vacuum tank? Just checking.

yep thats the one. then the vaccuum drawes from the tank and not the vent tube.after the gas gets to the vaccuum tank stop plugging the vent tube.

Where Are You From? Wisconsin

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 star coupster

Thanks- that is a very good tip! Will do.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club