Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
pickup bed

looking for pictures of 1927 pickup with full enclosed cab,metal skin on wood frame,small wood bed on rear.

smithgary162@roadrunner.com

Where Are You From? portsmouth, ohio

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes 1927 durant star pickup truck

Re: pickup bed

Was going to ask if they built half tons or they were home made. We seem to have little info on trucks. Terry's site has a pic of a S4 1928 Rugby half ton on the introduction but not in the S4 itself.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

Could you post some pictures of your truck? After surfing the websites I'm couldn't find any in that year.

Where Are You From? Kokomo,Ind.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Speedster

From what I've found from a quick look is that Star trucks were made until 1928, then became Rugby. Although Rugby was used overseas before that. There is a photo on the net of a Durant Rugby display from 1928 with an enclosed truck cab, but the pickup is just a chassis and cowl. These may have been 1929 production models. They appear to have the Durant radiator shell, except the grid has been removed.

Before about 1926, it was more likely than not, that pickups were sold without factory cabs or bodies.

Durant used Martin-Parry cabs, but owners could also buy Hercules or Superior cabs. Catalogs for Martin-Parry and Hercules can be found on-line.

I have seen pictures of surviving wood boxes, and may be able to retrieve them.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club