Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A New Ride

Hey, everybody, Froggys got a new ride. And, best of all, one that RUNS!! Now, he can keep up with Uncle Norm's MooseMoBile. And, he managed to sell his F Roadster to make room for the new wheels coming from Iowa. All in all, he came out smelling like a rose in the dealing.
Right now he's sitting at home smiling like the cat in Alice's story.
Pictures at 11.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Re: A New Ride

Don,
C'mon tell us more- is this the '23 Touring car? We are all ears.

Jim

Where Are You From? Oswego, IL

Do You own a car built by Durant? '24 Star

Maybe we can get the proud new owner to provide the details,,,,,,,, that is, if he can get that silly grin off his face!

OK.....

I'm guessing that "Froggy" refers to our own Gary K ?

Now a Durant product that runs is sure a step up for him!

Now we need the rest of the story......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

Blame it on Mr. Shilling...he alerted me to it. It is slightly modified but believe it or not, it is done exactly like the plans I had for the roadster.
Same 4 CYLINDER engine, trans and hydraulic brakes that I planned on using.
Solid body and fenders, in black of course...with wooden spoke wheels and all. I have arranged delivery hopefully in the next 30 days as the transporter can schedule.....My roadster is going to Hullco restorations in Layton, n.j. He is my lifelong friend (since we were 7 yrs old) and was with me when i bought it from Don Welsh's estate, an old Durant Star Club member from the late 1960's. More later as I learn about the touring.

Where Are You From? s.e. penna.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 sedan ; 1925 star f roadster

Ya got that right, Don .. like the cat that swallowed the bird. Got pics already from Unc Gary.

No No, its Ken's Moose mobile way out BC way, up in them there hills he calls mountians.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

OK, I'm sorry Norm, all you Canucks look alike to us'ns down here in the South!

Don
You know that us canucks are not all look alikes--I am the handsome one --(or is that some other guy) ??? I havent yet met the one from Ottawa but some day maybe I will. If I ever get to Ottawa again i will be trying to look him up.
KEN

Congratulations Gary----that will be fun.

Where Are You From? Whitby, On

Do You own a car built by Durant? yup

Hey Gary gave me a call right away. Sound like a real find, but I thought he said something about a Hemi?

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

NO MIKE....I SAID I HAVE HEMROIDS....LISTEN CLOSER....I AM NOT THE PERFECT A--HOLE YOU THOUGHT I WAS....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Where Are You From? s.e. penna.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 sedan ; 1925 star f roadster

Oh OK Gary, I'm sorry I'm getting older too and my hearing is not what it used to be. Didn't want you to make an **** out of yourself. It's great that you found that car, what were the chances, to find one just the way you were going to fix one up. Send me some pictures.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Mike .. make sure you get the ones that show the extra wheels, front and back, to hold the poor car up with once Unc Gary gets inside.

Could be Ken, I sure lucked out as handsome. Just keeping up family appearance on the male side. Its inner beauty that counts.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club