Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Museum Effort

Hello fellow Durantonians!
I wanted to post what's been going on with the Durant Museum Effort to keep everyone up on what's been happening in that area.

1. Your Board of Directors has approved the purchase of the Museum Software to start cataloging any donations we receive. This Software will also allow us to post pictures and information in the collection on the Internet so that all may search it.

2. A generous donation has been received for the purchase of a lap top computer to house the software that will allow the transfer of the responsibility of Collection Manager/ Curator of the collection to others as need be.

3. I have ordered the software and will hopefully have the computer ordered soon and will start the learning curve and set up of the software to our specific need.

4. We already have a few items that have been donated so they will be the first ones entered into our collection. As soon as we have some of the items watch this web site for a link to our museum website.

5. Our Webmaster Rick Botti has created additional space on our servers that house this website for us to put the virtual museum on and has created an email address for the museum through this web site. It will be museum@durantmotors.org.

At this time we are not asking for any items to be donated but are requesting those that wish to donate monetarily to the Museum Effort to do so. Once the program is mastered and up and running then we will be in a position to accept items for donation on a regular basis. Should you wish to send a monetary donations this can be sent to our Secretary/Treasurer Bob Smith. His address is listed on the Contact us portion of this page. Any amount would be gladly accepted.

I am very excited about this project and I think you all will be too once you see it live on the Internet.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Re: Durant Museum Effort

Thanks for the update Mike.

If you got your dues notice, Bob has included a line where you can add your museum donation. Excellent way to help out this effort.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

The Durant Motors Automobile Club