Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Two More Star Tourings

Happy New Year To All
This week I bought the two 1923 Star Tourings that were on EBay direct from the seller. I was very surprised that these two were out there. Anyone in our club have any histoery on these cars?. Engine numbers #82313 and #72695.

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

Re: Two More Star Tourings

Congratulations Ed, when you get them home, take some pictures and post them so we can see.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Great for you, Ed! Please send pics of them- we'd love to see them!

James

Where Are You From? Oswego, IL

Do You own a car built by Durant? '26 Roadster

In the meantime you can see them at Ebay #.s 370719695811 and 370719079292
Now, Ed is the only person in the whole world with THREE 1923 Star Touring cars!!
There has got to be a story in this for the club magazine.

Yes .. that's great. Missed them on ebay, as Star is not part of DMAC ebay, but sure send pics of them. Perhaps have them added to the photo section to increase members cars and what they look like. Lots of cars missing in photo's, which might help others in restoring cars, or parts oddities we didn't know existed.

Ha ha Don we both posted at same time and can see time difference. Will take a peek in ebay ,thanks.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

The items might be off Ebay by now. The best way to see the detailed pictures of the two Star cars that I bought would be to go to:
stlouismuseum.com and click on inventory. I see some things that are not Star correct that I have to change, I would like to hear from you all for your observations. I would like to get the Black one ready for Hershey this fall.
I am now working on getting them shipped from St Louis and finding a place to store them, as I am now out of space.

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? !923 Star Touring

Hi Ed.....

Great looking Star cars.

I think you have cornered the market on 23 Star tourings.

Will make an interesting display of your cars at Hershey!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? some

Ed when you receive them please pass along the details for the registry Serial# that begins with a letter L,C,E,N or T and the engine #'s. Thank you

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontario Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? No mine was made by Dominion Motors of Canada C-400 Frontenac

The Green Star:--Engine #-82313
Body #-L34562

The Black Star--Engine #--88140
Body #--72695
I do not see a letter on the plate

Do you have anything on them in ths data base?.

Where Are You From? Staten Island NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3 Star tourings

Thank you for the serial number and engine details, I will e-mail you if other info needed. Again thanks

Where Are You From? Mississauga Ontarion Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? C-400 Frontenac

After waiting all this time for the two Stars I bought to be delivered, I get a call that they were shipped from St Louis on wednesday coming to me on Saturday. Great, right into a two foot snow storm expected friday night into Saturday. I finally got in touch with the Carrier and told him he had better sleep in his rig for a day or two. Lets see what happens now. Good thing I put the insurance on them.

Where Are You From? STATEN ISLAND NEW YORK

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3 1923 STAR TOURINGS

Thought you might like a little snow out your way. Yes two storms I gather. One coming up from Texas and another from out West Can. We're into it presently and with wind blowing it around. Soon be out there shoveling again for 3rd time today. 0 F at 7 am and now 10 F. Go figure by Monday milder and rain called for.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

Ed, you are my roll model...so i just bought a star touring also...being delivered this month...regards, Gary k

Where Are You From? s.e. penna.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 sedan ; 1925 star f roadster

All I have to say is you fellas better post pics of these fine Stars! The rest of us are drooling! Be sure to have the camera ready when the transport rolls up- best feeling is when you first lay eyes on them!

Jim Chocole

Where Are You From? Oswego, IL

Do You own a car built by Durant? '24 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club