Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
It's a DeVo

Norm:
In that other post you made reference to the 1936 car that was only as a prototype. It was based on the 4 cylinder Beacon. It is a DeVo. It was for export only. About 20 years ago it was found and restored in South Africa.
I have pictures of the car restored and also a picture of Norman DeVaux standing next to it when it was new.
I understand the car was pulled out of the desert in a very sad state.

I found a lot of good information from Howard at the T.C. meet like "crated DeVaux's shipped to the Holy Land" These left the Oakland Port as chassis only. This proves to me that the Touring cars did exist and were bodied out of the U.S. I have also found evidence that DeVaux chassis went to Austrailia.
Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? kind of..

Re: It's a DeVo

Hi Gary .. that was tongue in cheek comment, with Barry after Conny's. His needle in a haystack was like finding a 2nd 36 DeVo. Yes I recall the car was restored in S.A. So far nothing to prove phaetons / tourings were made. Mind you odd ball Durant's unknown before come out of the woodwork now and then.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan by Dominion Motors

The Durant Motors Automobile Club