Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant radiator for sale

I have a Durant radiator for sale. I think the year is 1928.
I can email a picture.

Where Are You From? Winona, MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: Durant radiator for sale

Would you please send me some pictures and measurements.
Thank you.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928Durant

It is 20 1/2 inches wide, 30 inches to the top of the radiator cap. What is your email. I'm new to this forum

Where Are You From? Winona, MN

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Warren .. click on the Email part of Bills posting, to email members of that posting.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Hey Bill, if it's for your Model 65 be careful the Model 65 had a longer radiator than the other 28 models. I found that out the hard way when I bought one and put my original and the new one side by side. The M2 & M4 as well as the Model 55 had a smaller radiator.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Mike, could you get the measurements off of yours. The size seems very close.

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928Durant

Mike must be the ebay one 110982998635 for $400 same town and state. I did post the page out of the after market on the other parts for sale forum in Feb now current again.

Can after market cores
M2, M4, S4 40
L, X
L2, X2, 401
55, 60
66 style used with shutter

then you get into the 30's vehicles after that. Funny no mention of 63, 70, 75 for rads but does for hoses. Rad shells its has 63, 66 and 70 same shell no 75

US after market

Lumps all cores as one 28 - 29 and 30 - 31
Shells it separates it out and 65, 75 the same

M2, M4, 40, 55, 60 chrome
63, 66, 70 chrome
65, 75 nickel

then 30 / 31 models

Bill I'll go out and measure mine later this morning. Norm, the Model 65 radiator and shell is a bit longer than the others for 1928. Not sure about the Model 75 one but I think they might be the same. My car was built in January 1928 and has the outside parts chromed including the shell. They advertising brochure states that the outside parts are of the new chrome process. The inside handles and parts are nickel. Like I said I found out the hard way. Some years back I found a radiator and shell on Ebay for a good price, I bought them and I knew the bottom of my radiator poured water. Got the radiator in, had it in my garage for a couple of years until one day I moved them side by side. I noticed that the original radiator was a few inches longer. Width is the same, just the height. My car also had the Glo Lite lights and lenses in them with the gold plated bulb cover and the parking light in them which I know was on the Model 75 as I've seen Larry's car and it has those lights on them. So in my case I'll send it out next year to the Brassworks and have them make mine new again so I can use the original radiator.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door sedan

Hi Mike ..just copying what the 1935 US after market says re nickel and chrome. Canada 35 and 38 give no indication at all if painted, nickle, or chromed for any shell from 23 to 34. However it does breakdown what rad and shell fits what model. 65 and 75 the same for rad and shell. At times you wonder if its the same Co that produced both 35 after markets with not being the same with info. 28 pages Can and 24 US. I know lights and shocks aren't mentioned in US but sure are in Can ones. Haven't bothered to see what else is missing.

Lamps in Can after markets have one section just for 65, 70, 75 Glolite 9 7/16, Glolite 10 1/8, Twilite 10 1/8. lenses. 9 1/2 nickle plated door, 10 1/2 chromed door, with curved edge, 10 1/2 chromed door with flat edge. Door lock ring for doors 9 1/2 dia lamps, and door lock ring for 10 1/2 dia lamps. Also has a note If your reflectors are dull, send them to us to be replated at a cost of $1.25 a pair.

40, 60, 401 section, 55 section, 63, 66 section, 617 section. We have the choice after 29 of Glolite or Depress Beam. Reason being Durant Motors versus Dominion Motors. Durant US inc the 619 was Glolite # 944 9 7/16. Can same lense / light 1930 until Dominion cars, which use Depress Beam 9 5/16 Durant and Frontenac. What I find strange is fender light lenses are all Depress Beam #1179, 3 x 2 3/4 chromed or painted bodies Durant or Dominion Motors. And scarcer then hens teeth to find. Exception seems to be the odd ball 617 with its own fender lights, not cowl lights of the 28 / 29's, which is half 30 and half pre 30.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club