Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Thankgiving to my extended Durant family in the USA

I will be hitting the road today on a 9 hour drive up to South Carolina for Thanksgiving with some family. Not looking forward to the drive but really not looking forward to the drive back on Sunday. Sometimes the interstate 95 gets to be a parking lot or speed is down to 35 or so. A real drag. I've noticed that traffic has a mind of its own. You'll be tied up in traffic for 30 minutes or more and when you get to a magic point all of a sudden it opens up and is back up to speed. Probably had a car stop there 30 minutes or more ago. Can't figure it out. Anyway I digress, since I will be out of town and not near a computer I wish to take this time to wish all my extended Durant family and friends a very happy Thanksgiving holiday here in the states. We have a lot to be thankful for in these trying times and especially that our family members Charlie and Peg Spitz, Ed Vomero and others came through the Hurricane in one piece and healthy. Material things can be replaced and come and go, but your health and family can never be replaced. For those of you out of country, this is a day when the earth tilts a bit more towards this part of the world because all of us Americans eat our weight in Turkey, dressing, pies and other fancy things. The noise you hear will be millions of Americans snoring on the couch after eating way too much. Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: Happy Thankgiving to my extended Durant family in the USA

Mike

Happy Thanksgiving to you, and thanks for thinking of those of us that continue to have challenges after Hurricane Sandy.

While Peg and I dodged a large bullet, some of our friends were not as lucky.

Happy Thanksgiving to the entire Durant Family.

Peggy and Charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Happy Thanksgiving Mike and everyone. This is a day to stop, take a look and give thanks for what we have in health, friends, family, etc. Hurricane Sandy brought disaster and hardship to many and reminded us here out of harm's way, that life can change quickly we don't control everything.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Rick

Hi to all our American friends.

Thanksgiving greetings to all of our American Cousins. We in Canada are still full of turkey from our Thanksgiving, and we wish you a great time.
We have a lot to be thankful for, especially good friends.
Enjoy yourselves, and be safe.

Gordon & Mary Carolyne

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Hi All.....

Cathy & I would like to add our greetings and thanks to all our friends! We think of you all as our extended family.

We have a lot to be thankful for. Hope you all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Frank & Cathy ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

This year is one of the rare times my birthday falls on Thanksgiving. I'll get a turkey for my present and I'll have to share it with everybody else!!!!
I like it because when someone asks what I want for my birthday,,,,,I just say "bring food"!
Best wishes to everyone, may your tires stay inflated and bugs not rest on your windshield,,,,,,,,,

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

The Durant Motors Automobile Club