Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Draining rad

Getting the little beast ready to put to bed for the winter. I have found the drain for the rad but cant find any for the block. Does the rad drain also empty the block? I think it does but sure would hate to crack the block at this stage of the game. Thanks guys
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Draining rad

Thats the lowest point of the system. The drain **** at bottom of the rad and steel tube below that to take fluid below cross member. If it makes you feel easier try a little CTC plumbing antifreeze used on RV's etc after. Its about $3 - 4 a gal.

I used to only open the drain **** on the 30 614 in the 60 / 70's and leave it. Only thing on the block is frost plugs to my knowledge. Two other ideas are run the motor after for a few sec only to help dry it and or loosen the water pump to be sure no more fluid comes out.

oh for goodness sake drain c o c k (spiggot, tap, valve) is not a dirty work and used talking about engines and such. Censorship for car parts now.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Re: Draining rad

Norm

Computers are stupid--they dont know drain **** is a good word
. I thought maybe I was okay with my drain but just wanted to be sure -Thanks
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club