Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
26 Fint for sale

Listed on KSL.com is a 26 Fint B40, http://www.ksl.com/auto/listing/14131271 looks like something I might get myself in trouble with. So before I look at this what might some of you think about the price and the condition and will I be able to find parts?

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star 2 door

Re: 26 Fint for sale

Eliot, The price is about right if you needed parts for an existing car. As far as trying to restore this particular car, I would pass it by. However, it is a perfect candidate for building a huckster wagon or any of the other wood bodied versions.
If I were looking for a project, WHICH I AM NOT,,,,,, I would be really interested in this one.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Yes, It looks like this one would be a tough one to restore, lots missing and parts for these are scarse and spendy...I am restoring an H-40 Broughham, the main difference between the H-40 and the B-40 is the B has 4 wheel hydraulic brakes and the H has mechanical...It would make a good parts car...Let us know what you decide.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Looks better than than pictures show. Most of the part are there like the doors, seats missing one set of springs the the rest is there dash is intact with gages, some rust but workable. The most criticel missing parts are everything for the right front wheel such as spindle, hub, brakes wheel. What are the chances of finding these parts. Also missing tail light. and some other stuff. Still considering putting this back on the road.

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? 25 Star 2 door

Eliot
This looks like Darrin A's car from Utah.
I've talked with Darrin a couple of times and knew he had begun to
work on the car. This looks to be a major project and parts for the smaller Flints are very tough to find.... right Bill?
You are correct, this car is better and more complete than the pictures show. I'd like to see someone get this car as there are so very few of
the smaller Flints left... probably more overseas than here!
About the spindle... I might just have one. I purchased part of a
B or H 40 a few years ago and there is a front axle with spindles. Not sure
about any drums? I'd need some pics and measurements to verify.
Jim G.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Flint

The Durant Motors Automobile Club