Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
setting up brakes

I have the instructions for setting up and adjusting steeldraulic Brakes but there are parts I cant quite figure out.
Checking rods for proper adjustment-It says --first block the pedal back against the floor boards. Can some one clarify this? Is it the back of the foot pedal or the back of the foot brake under the floor boards? Would i have to push the brake to the floor and block it there to make the adjustment? Or block the pedal up till the bottom hits under the floor
boards? Old cars sure are fun .
Any help is sure appreciated.
Thanks
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-model 614 Deluxe rumble Seat Coupe

Re: setting up brakes

Ken:
The first paragraph in my book on Steeldraulic brakes reads:
1. Place the hand brake lever in the fully released position. Make sure that foot brake pedal is against its stop in the fully released position and that it clears underside of floorboards by 3.8 inch. If possible block the pedal in place by inserting a block of wood between under side of pedal pad and upper face of floorboards.

There are several more pages of instructions and if followed exactly, the brakes work extremely well. However, you must pay close attention to all the details. If you have a complete set of instructions, follow them!
If not, let me know and I will photocopy what I have and send them to you, or I can type the whole thing out for you.

Let me know.

Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Re: setting up brakes

Thanks Gord--thats all I have to know--I think I can do it right now--Pretty confusing instructions I had --Will yell if I have more trouble
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club