Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A new owner of a 1928 Durant

Just bought my father in laws 1928 Durant that he bought in 1968 in Illinois. Father in law started restoration in 1969 and he was transferred to San Angelo, car was stored in Illinois for several years then moved down to Texas. When my father in law retired he moved the car with him back to Wyoming, when he decided to sell the car my wife and I bought the car so that we could keep her in the family. The car has been in parts for the last 43 years, but it looks like most are still there and usable and or repairable. We are looking forward to the restoration but are sure we are going to need the advice, knowledge and patience of the Durant family.

Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Mike and Gwen

Where Are You From? San Angelo, Texas

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M2 4dr Sedan

Re: A new owner of a 1928 Durant

Well hello Gwen and Mike and welcome to the DMAC forum. Now if you haven't yet, go to the left hand side and click on the "join us" area. You won't be sorry. The DMAC is the nicest bunch of car people I know and your right they all have a wealth of knowledge about these ole gals we drive. Before you know it you'll have it back on the road and make the family proud. It's nice to keep these in the family.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Thanks Mike

Mailed the application and check today.

Where Are You From? San Angelo, Texas

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant M2 4dr Sedan

Gwen and Michael:

Welcome to the best car club. As several have said, we are a "big" small family from all over the world.

I know that it is late, but, you are welcome to join us in Traverse City, MI for the annual DMAC, the information is under events.

And if you cannot join us this year, mark your calendar for Sept 2013, and join us in San Diego. My wife and I are the hosts, and we are planning a great event for next year.

Welcome aboard

Peg and Charlie Spitz

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Hi Gwen & Mike......

You have found the best place for help & information on your Durant.

Durantonians are a very friendly & helpful bunch.

One item you will get with your membership is a roster of members and parts and services directory. This can be very helpful when you are working on your Durant.

As Charlie and the others have said, don't be a stranger. Come on out to one of our gatherings, you don't need a car to have a lot of fun.

We are not just a bunch of guys talking cars. The wives, girl friends and significant others have a lot of activities and fun at these meets also. My wife Cathy actually looks forward to these meets as much as I do.

Check out the previous events tab to see a lot of pictures from our activities.

Good luck with your "New" cat!!!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

The Durant Motors Automobile Club