Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Drove 4 blocks and had to trailer it back

I am beginning to wonder if I will ever get this car to go anywhere. I thought I would go to the gas sta down the hill . Never got there. Rear end seized up tight so I had to skid it up onto my trailer and get it back in the shop. I found the nut from the pinion gear had come off, ( guess I had no cotter pin in it)
and the bearing slipped back enough to chew the keeper case up --Good thing we have a bearing store here -Tomorrow I go see if they have a couple of new bearings for me. Back to the drawing board again .
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes--at least most of one

Re: Drove 4 blocks and had to trailer it back

Restoring one of these is a matter of trial and error. Hopefully it's two steps forward and one backward and not the other way around. Gradually, with the help of club members, the cars get more reliable. Mines down to the little things and yours will soon be too.

I'm off for a 120 mile tour Friday and Saturday. I hope I haven't jinxed it.

Where Are You From? North of the Golden Gate Bridge

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club