Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rotor and dist cap

I dont know how this happened but I seem to have a short rotor and a tall cap Just wont work that way. Has anyone got a part number for a tall rotor --Or if not maybe for a short cap. The mystery is that I had the car running one time. Part numbers and make would sure be helpful
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops b C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant - Model 614 -Deluxe Rumble seat coupe

Re: Rotor and dist cap

Hi Ken......

NAPA numbers:

Cap AL-59
Rotor AL-58

Use these together, they are the tall industrial version.

The short cap and rotor are the original ones, no longer available. I do have some new old stock short caps and rotors. I can bring to Traverse City if you need them......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Some

Re: Rotor and dist cap

I had a mechanic friend up looking at the car. He said i probably had it timed wrong. I was some ticked off but he insisted so we tore it apart -And ****ed if it wasnt timed wrong. I think we should have a drawing on the tech pages showing how to line up the timing gears since they do not line up pointing to each mark on the gears. the end result was--After setting the gears right it fired up-- now a bit of fine tuning and away we go. Maybe I will be bringing it to Michigan after all. Just have to liscense it and get my trailer finished and away we go.
One way or another -I will see you all in Michigan.
Ken

The Durant Motors Automobile Club