Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Picture of cross shaft and return springs attached

does anyone have a picture showing the cross shaft with all compnents attached? I need to see some thing about the clutch and brake pedal return springs.
There has to be something to bring them back up after they are used.Also be nice to see the Brake lever rod attached to the brake lever and to the brake pedal as well. I am kind of at a loss as to how to hook them all up
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -Model 614- Delux rumble seat coupe

Re: Picture of cross shaft and return springs attached

Maybe I am wording this request wrong. What I need is to find out how to get the pedals to return to the UP position after they are depressed. On a hydraulic they return by themselves but on this car it seems they dont want to come back up
Am I doing something wrong here??
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant -Model 614- Delux rumble seat coupe

Ken:

My pedals return when depressed. I will take some pictures of my clutch and brake assemblies tomorrow and see if I can post them for you to see how they are attached.

Don

Where Are You From? Pot Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? DUrant 614 Deluxe Sedan

Hey Ken
Didn't ignore your post, but have been too busy to get out to the garage and get you some pictures. I'm in a good position now to take pictures as my body is off the frame ( I've been known to be off my rocker too!). My clutch and brake pedal has springs that attach to the first frame member just behind the transmission that allows the pedal to return. I have the 4 wheel mechanical brakes and they too have springs on them allowing them to return. If no one else responds I'll try to get these taken by this weekend and post them here or send them to you.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Ken The clutch pedal has it's return spring attached to the bottom of the pedal arm then forward to the bracket on the bottom of the bell housing(same bracket the stop lamp switch is screwed to). On my car a previous owner put a long spring from the bottom of the brake pedal back to the the first frame crossmember to assist in returning the pedal back to the top. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14

Ken: I am attempting to post the pictures of the spring that returns the clutch pedal on my 614. Pardon the dirt and crud,

please note the bracket that seems home made, but it works.

Don

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 614 Deluxe Sedan

Thanks to all you guys- with the pictures fron Don and the info from Ross I think I can now rig something up . Might still be able to take this thing to Traverse city.

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-Model 614 -Deluxe rumble seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club