Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Carbs

I've rounded up 4 old junker Tillotson carbs, 3 JR1's and a JR5A.
I would like to send them to a professional shop to have one built for my '29 D60.
Who has any recommendations from past experience?
Also, what is the difference between a JR1 and a JR5? Both have the same bore and bolt hole spacing. Both have an accelerator pump.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? And Now, A 1929 Durant D60

Re: Durant Carbs

everyone talks about the great carb frank sells....did you consider that one ?????

Where Are You From? Penna

Do You own a car built by Durant? 3

Frank doesn't have one just now and would require a certain number to reorder. I can get one rebuilt for 150.00 at AntiqueCarburetors.com. I talked to them today on the phone and they have been in business since 1954 and offer a lifetime warranty. I think I'll give them a try.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? And Now, A 1929 Durant D60

Hey Don
Sometime ago I found the web site of "the Carb Doctor" or "the Carb King" or something like that from somewhere in the midwest. He sells rebuilding kits. He also rebuilt carbs but said he would not rebuild a Tillotson since they were made of pot metal and were very dangerous due to leakage especially when it leaks on the exhaust that run under the carb. Make sure whoever rebuilds it does a good job. Woundn't want you to flame out.

Mike

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

I've got one of Frank's Zenith carbs that I put on my W5 engine. It worked fine but I rebuilt the bronze one that came with the car so I put it back on. If anyone wants one before Frank reorders, I'd sell it.

Where Are You From? North of the Golden Gate Bridge

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club