Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Robe Rail photographs

No one seems to have one of these and I haven't contacted the Butters yet, but this weekend when your out puttering around your car, can someone take some pictures of their robe rail for me? Particularly the 28 or 29 year 4 door sedans. Probably would be OK if someone had any from the Star 4 door late cars also. Thanks. I would like to know what I'm looking for just in case it comes up on Ebay.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Re: Robe Rail photographs

Common guys, I know that some of you have 4 dr sedans with original robe rails in them. I would like to see what they look like, especially the end hardware and mounting system. I sure would appreciate it.

Mike

I call them BLANKET rails, and therefore did not read this initially. BUT, I have one in the 29, and I will photo over the weekend and send you via email. Now respond to the email that I sent this morning to make sure that I have your correct.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Hi Mike,
We had one in our 28 D75.. larry did a wedding and the bride broke the metal holding the thick "rope" then it had two big pom poms handing on ea side, if I rmember correctly.
It matched the grab pom poms on the sides of the door.
When I find my images, I will send you them.
~C

Where Are You From? S. VT

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Thanks Charlie & Carol. I've always known them to be referred to as Robe Rails. Because of the cars having no heaters or not very good ones, they put these in the back so someone could put a blanket over them when sitting back there. Not sure why they called them Robe Rails, but they do. Carol your car is probably closest to my Model 65 as it is just the model below, but shared many of the same trim etc, except of course your car was a bigger car. Does Larry think he might have one in his parts inventory?

Mike

The Durant Motors Automobile Club