Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1924 Flint at Auction

Hi All.....

Just a heads up. If anyone needs a "road trip" There is an upcoming auction listed on the HCCA web site.

It is in Farmington MO. On June 30th. Real interesting estate collection. Among the many cars is a 1924 Flint.

Here is the link to the Schall Estate auction.....

http://www.deesauctionmanagement.com/auctions/63012.html

Enjoy, Wish I could go.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? Some

Re: 1924 Flint at Auction

Hello Frank
If the Flint is the blue car, it looks pretty nice.

An early Flint (long island car?), looks like high pressure tires and rear mechanical brakes only.

The rusty one, missing front wheel looks interesting also...really big car

Where Are You From? Tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22, 633

Bob....Something different about the cowl on the blue car, it doesn't appear to be rounded like a Flint? Could it be that the primered car futher down might be the Flint?
Either way, looks like an interesting auction.
Jim G.

The add reads, 24 Flint 2 door car-needs restoring...I have looked at the pics several times and don't see a 2 door of any kind, wonder if there is a picture?

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes,

Wow a 2 door Flint. Wonder if it's a model 40 or larger 55? Would be interesting to see a picture of it. Hey was that Jimmy Greenamyer posting on this forum? I thought he'd dropped off the face of the earth! Great to hear from you again Jimmy! Figure it would take a Flint posting to bring you out! ha ha

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

Hi All......

I emailed the auction company. Asked for pictures and description of the Flint.

Will post any response...........

Frank ---

My lottery ticket was just another voluntary tax.
Sooooo - No money - no can go.
Maybe someone will buy it , give up, and part it out to me---- cheap.

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? yup

HI guys.
I'm trying to make plans to head to this auction as I should be visiting near there for some family business the same weekend.
Hey Mike... No I didn't fall off the edge of the earth! Ever since being abducted by aliens, I've been drinking heavy, flying a crop duster and living in a camper while waiting for the new movie "Independance Day 2" (Ha Ha).
Frank, more pics could be very helpful.
Thanks, Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Hi All....

I talked with one of the guys getting ready for the auction. He said the Flint is not pictured in the flyer. He promised to email me some pictures in a couple days.

According to him, the car is complete, it is an open car even still has the upholstery. It is not running, but he feels they will have it running by auction time. He also said the car is in red primer.

This should be an interesting auction. They already have hauled out over 300 TONS of scrap! The land has been sold.

Will keep you all posted.

Frank ---

Aren't there 2 pics of a red primed 2 dr car that looks like a Flint on the auction site?
Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Yes Jim, I think you are right, that red primered touring with the white (1)on the right front fender looks like a Flint for sure, it has the beaded fenders and splash guards, yoke mounted barrel headlights, all the features looks right, including the shape of the radiator badge.

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes,

Well, My plans are set to attend this auction next week. Me and my nephew will be taking 2 trailers in hopes of returning with the Flints. If those plans fall through.... maybe we'll pickup a roadgrader and sell it to Frank so he can keep his driveway cleared next winter (Ha Ha)!
Jim G.

Where Are You From? Ohio

Hi Jim...........

That sounds like a plan. I've always wanted a road grader!!

Might stand a chance of getting that one since Don already has one......

Good luck at the auction, enjoy the road trip.....

Frank

Hi All....

Bill is correct, it is the primered touring with the # 1 on the fender.

Just got some more pictures from the auction company. Looks like a complete car, even has the interior.

Good luck at the auction..........

Frank ---

Well... 2AM on Friday and I'm off to the auction in Missouri to try to bring back the 4 Dr Flint Touring car or at the very least a road grader!
Jim G.

Where Are You From? OHIO

Jim,
Whatever became of that 24 Flint at auction you were going to; "Did you win the bidding"? And what was the final price it sold for? Any other interesting Old cars sold, and how was your trip overall?

Finally did you bid snd WIN that Road-Grader? Thanks.

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Hey Lance
I'm sure Jim will chime in here, unless he's busy working on Cathy's car and his new acquisition. He sent me pictures of his purchase and it looks like a great find. If he doesn't respond, I'll try and post them here. Appears to be all there, and very restorable. Just goes to show that those barn finds are still out there somewhere. Who knows how many Durants, Stars, Flints and Locomobiles are just sitting in a barn waiting for us to come get them. Sad little critters. Maybe we should start a Durant adoption agency, call it the Society for the preservation of Durants! ha ha.

Jim gave me permission to share with you all the photos of his new addition to the Durant family.

JIM G'S 1924 FLINT

JIM G'S 1924 FLINT 15U ENGINE

JIM G'S 1924 FLINT ENGINE 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club