Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Door Handles possible De Vaux or ??? Now on E-bay

Norm,et All,
Check out these very special inside door handles 110829525083 now on E-bay tonight. Auction ends in 5 plus hours.

Possible De Vaux, late Durant, Flint or others[Not Locomobile]? About $65.00 currently.

Lance

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Re: Door Handles possible De Vaux or ??? Now on E-bay

Lance ... ya'll picking on me

No idea what those were for. It appears our 614 / 618 art deco style 1932 inside handles are 1930 Essex. Could be Dominion bought up the defunct Essex handles to use on our 32's only. 31 is same inside / outside V or spear handles of the 30 for Durant and Dominion Motors. Some 30's (407) have the exterior ones similar to the 31 619's.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Hi Norm,
Yes I had no idea too on what those handles fit ...But thought you or the club might know, and could maybe use them? They might be Possibly for an Auburn, Cord, or Duesenberg or another similar expensive Art-Deco styled car from the 30's.

"Finding old car parts and then finding what they go to"? That kind of question really keeps my interest in old cars!

Recently Dave S. gave me a tip on an axle and wheels on e-Bay; unidentified except for a "Locomobile" on the hubcaps. The sellers an no one in the AACA knew what they were for, however when I saw them I knew they were a 1928 Loco 8-70 item so saved them. I will use them on my 8-70 project car.

At $95 they were a super-great buy, however the shipping to Florida was quite a bit more, but worth it to save some old car parts from the scrap yard. The sellers were great people, so recently I identified a wheel/hubcap set from a 1930 Hudson 8 for them to return the favor for them and that Dave S. paid to me.

I believe the old car hobby is not really about the cars, but about the people involved! Back to ya Norm, if I find in my travels any parts that you or the club can use, I will be sure to let you and the club know.

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 and 26 Locomobile JR-8's, 1928 Loco 8-70, 30 Durant 610

Hey Lance ... yes Id'ing parts I do, if I have time to sellers. See something I know is wrong and might help others looking, I notify the seller what it is, and they either change the info or add it to comments. Doesn't always work like those over priced D parts in NJ that were re listed a 2nd time and didn't sell. I bought the front shocks for Dot off him. He had it all listed as 28 - 32 D etc. Told him those were all off a 1930 614 Durant and that parts would not fit pre 30 and vice versa. (the 617 is the exception to the rule of a 50 / 50 car. That also has some parts its own). The V or spear hood gave it away as a 1930 614 and the side rings on the 5 bolt wire wheels made it early 30. He didn't change anything on the 18 parts listed. I tried.

Here's the Dominion 1932 614 / 618 only inside handle. Dot has two of this type with metal knob when I got her. (half the handles in and out) She has the T handle over the front window with the same art deco markings as this. But mine have the bakelite knobs I got from Tim Orr. Tim had full set of 4 handles / 4 window winders, inc the 8 backing plates and pins. I was very lucky to get those. I assume deluxe with bakelite. Before you say the sedan has 6 window winders, the 31 / 32 back side windows do not lower but the wood work still has the cutouts as if they did. No idea if the 31 619 has 4 or 6. Four, answered my own question looking at Charlie's 619 and it has no handles.

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club