Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cowl lamps

Hi:
about a month or so ago I purchased my Durant and the only thing that seems to be missing is the horn and the cowl lamps that fit with the chrome cowl molding. Is there someplace where a person could order a new replacment for them.
The ford model A lights are wired differently and do not have a base that would fit or be able to be modified to fit over the body molding. there are 2 holes and then back on the cowl there is a rubber gromet(at least I believe it is rubber, very hard) where the wire would enter the body. Any suggestions would be appreciated as I just retired and this is my first antique car project so I am a complete idiot. I do need to join the club but have not had time yet, but you will be hearing from me soon.

Where Are You From? Kennewick Wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 durant M2 4 door sedan built in Oakland california

Re: Cowl lamps

Hi Marty.
l have some good used proper chrome arms for the cowl lights and may have a couple cowl lights as well.
l still can't figure out how to post any pictures on our club web site but send me a e-mail and l will forward you some pictures.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes San Diego
lancedurant@san.rr.com
BTW please join our club.
We need to all stick together.

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Re: Cowl lamps

Thanks for the quick response Lance. i will send you an e-mail and see what we can work out.
I did print out the application for membership in the club and will send it in this next week. I saw copies of the club magazine which look really great. one of the local guys in a local car club has a Star touring car and is a memeber of the durant club so he brought them for me to see

Where Are You From? Kennewick,Wa

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club