Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heater

Does anyone have a heater on their car? I have most of the pieces for an in car heater that attaches to the exhaust pipe and pipes heat into the car. I need to see a picture or something to show me how it all fits. -I have a basic idea but am not sure how it attaches to the car I know it slides over the exhaust pipe between the muffler and the manifold -but how does the other pipes fit to deliver the heat
A picture would be great. Thanks
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: Heater

Hi Ken.....

Check out the thread "Torid Heat" a little further down on the forum page.

I have a similar set up on my Model 70, but it is put away for the winter. Wait till the thaw and I can get some pictures!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

I saw that but their must be something missing--I cant see how this one would work The funnel type thing would not just hook up over the comlete flex hose and the exhaust pipe at the same time --figure ir needs a branch going off to gather the air from the fan. I would like to see a pic of it installed and working .
Thanks Frank

i thought air moving thru radiator provided flow into tubes and thru that to the firewall hole and into cab

Where Are You From? plmouth meeting, penna...southeastern pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60 coupe and sedan, 1925 star model F

Ken,

I have an exhaust heater in my Model R Hupp opera coupe, it is the type that hooks up directly to the exaust with a "cut-out". A portion of the exhaust is directed through the heater with flex pipes and a leaver hooks up to the cut-out valve to control the exaust flow...Would this be the type of heater that you have?

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 touring / 40 coupe / H-40 Flint

Ken,, now that I have all the parts to my Torrid Heat heater I will try to put together a "pict-o-gram" that may help you out. Missing from this picture is the 3' tube

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Kent

The Durant Motors Automobile Club