Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dome light

Does anybody out there have a picture of the correct dome light for the 1930 deluxe sedan. I noticed one for sell on Ebay, but don't know if is the right one.

Where Are You From? Salem, Va

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Dome light

Don't know if anyone replied to you on the dome light. The after market parts catalogues are silent on dome lights. The 1930 owners manual just has a round dome light drawing under electrical, but its only a sketch so it means nothing.

I had a quick look at the 32's dome light and the metal surround is round not 8 sided like Ebay item. That is not to say the 1930 wasn't 8 sided to match the 8 sided door handle escutcheons. I have problems owning a Canadian Dominion built 614 Durant versus a Durant Motors built car. A number of parts are completely different and also different to the 31 Dominion Durant.

Just goes back to the statement no two Durant's the same.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

rorey, my new 1929 durant 60 sedan has a round lite with a switch sticking out

Where Are You From? penna.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 1929 model 60 durants,; 1 star 1925 model f roadster

Unc Gary ... yours is pre 1930. 1930 and later has switch on the center post beside the passenger.

Remember nothing but tires / tubes is same pre 1930 to post 1929, except the 617 which is half of each. Running gear of the 29 but body, fenders, rad of the 30.

Need to see your former 30 and 31 614's to see what they had. Doesn't Frank have your 1930 before you got the coaches ?

my original 6-14 is on ebay for sale....see previous forum about car that started it all....

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 1929 model 60 durants,; 1 star 1925 model f roadster

Dear Uncle, I forgot you was older than dirt .. sigh. Yes I saw that in Forum but was referring to the 30 / 31 coaches you just sold and the sedan you sold Frank before that. You don't seem to like the new lower, sleeker, better built 614's, but ye olde matronly wood bodied things. grin.

Must be thousands of 614 owners, that can see what their car has for a dome light.

Ah reading the fine print "We reserve the right to make changes in design or construction without notice" Explains why no two Durant's the same.

I HEAR YOU NEFEW

The Durant Motors Automobile Club