Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
engine and more parts for sale --

Al Scholes a former member has a 30 614 engine for sale for 140.00 Apparently he has other parts as well but I dont know what they areb . He will sell the engine for 140 00 and the rest will be thrown in with the deal -- I dont know how to contact Al but I would think some one has his addy or email addy. I could probably find it if anyone is really interested.

Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: engine and more parts for sale --

do you know what area he is in???

Where Are You From? penna.

al is on the east coast....i might be interested in the parts....gary at 610-256-3255

Where Are You From? penna.

Only could find two sites for Al Scholes. Forum Jan 10 2006 by Dave Schulte titled 1930 Durant Roadster and listing who has one of these cars. Lance replied adding another.

Search brought up 1930 Durant Roadster Owned by Shirley and Al Scholes and the story of the car.
http://www.vccc.com/articles/features/2003/1930Durant.htm

411 online has two A Scholes in BC still which is west coast. Probably near you Ken.

A E Scholes
(604) 461-3683
834 Ultra Crt
Coquitlam, BC V3J 6R3

A H Scholes
(778) 478-6386
BC

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Al is on the west coast. Vancouver area
Ken

I think the motor Al has is a W-8 Bob

Where Are You From? tucson

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22, 633

Isn't Al the fellow who swapped the 4 cyl (W8) for 6 cyl (22A) and reversed the cross member to do so ? Someone out in BC did that I recall. Seems hes had D parts for sale before, inc the W8 motor. Sounds all to familar. I think Carol informed me before she put the ad in Partner and I contacted him. Memory, but it was with in the last 2 to 3 yrs.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Hi All....

Al was at the Vancouver meet. I purchased some parts and literature from him.

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

The Durant Motors Automobile Club