Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is an Avatar URL ?

Question: What is an Avatar URL?

Answer: It's a new feature that allows to insert a small picture of your car, dog, cat, yourself, etc, as a way to identify yourself. I have inserted a small picture of my car as an example.

Question: So how can I do that?

Answer: While filling out the questions required to post a new question or reply, you will see that a new field has been added call Avatar URL. Insert the URL to your picture, here is an example.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k268/rbotti/top2.jpg

If you already use Photobucket to store your online pictures, highlight the picture you wish to use and click on the "Direct Link" option. That action will copy the URL into your computer's memory so all you need do is paste it into the new Avatar URL field.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of them

Re: What is an Avatar URL ?

Hi Rick.....

Neat idea, now I need better pictures!!

I see you also added a measure of security to the postings. Hopefully this will eliminate the junk that has been showing up on the forum lately.

I know you have been spending a lot of time with these updates. Thanks for all your hard work. The DMAC forum is the best!!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hey,,,,, I like this! Nice work, Rick.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

What do you do if you dont have photo bucket?
I am a puter dummy.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Hey Don, LOL!!

The Durant Motors Automobile Club