Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free Star Motor Logansport Indiana YES FREE !!

Hi All...

Here is an opportunity for any Durantonians in the Midwest.

This is a copy of the email Wendy sent me, hope someone will claim this motor.

"The motor is located in Logansport, Indiana.

Dad says that it's a 1924 STAR Motor. It ran freely he said the last time it was tested. That has been
many years ago.
It has no other parts with it.

The auction for everything else that's left at my Dad's house will take place October 9, 2011.

If no one has claimed the motor before that then it will go to the auction.
If no one buys it there it will go to the scrap metal.
I hate to see that happen because I know someone out there needs it.
It's a hard thing to transport I know but whoever wants it will have to come and get it and figure out how to move it.

It is FREE!

Contact email is Pookababe@cox.net
If they want to call me...it's Wendy @ 918 449-0128"

Don Shilling and I both think it is a later W-5 because of the rubber motor mounts. It does have the earlier exhaust manifold.

Frank ---

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Re: Free Star Motor Logansport Indiana YES FREE !!

I would love to have that engine, especially for the price, but can't justify the cost to go get it.
I just talked to Wendy and she will keep me informed about it so I will try everything I can to keep it from going to the scrap yard.
Hope somebody is closer that can use it.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C touring, 1927 Star M coupe

Logansport is a little over an hour from where I grew up. If someone is seriously interested in it, I might be able to arrange to get it to my sister's and hold it there until someone could pick it up.

The carb and distributor look interesting.

Where Are You From? San Francisco, CA area

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Hi Vince...

Thanks for offering the help to members.

The carb is a Model A Ford replacement. The unique choke / jet adjustment is the give away.

I'm wondering about the distributor also. Think it might be an old rag covering the unit?

See You in Vancouver.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Hi everyone, I have just made arrangments to pick up the motor!

Where Are You From? Grand Rapids, Michigan

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star, 1928Durant

Good for you!! That will be a good spare for your M Coach.

Where Are You From? Texarkana, Tex

Hello All,
I am especially glad that the motor found a home. I have been so busy that I had forgot to ask my sister how the pick up of the motor went. She wrote me and just told me last night. I am glad it went to someone who really cares about the restoration of these cars. Dad will be very happy tonight when I tell him.
Many of you know Dad...and I want you to check out the photo of him with his Durant and stories. He comes alive with the mention of the Durant!! The old ladies flocked to his side the day he had it on display at the Senior Center. Some things never change!
The link is in the website line. This is a blog I have kept on Dad since the day he moved in with us. It's hysterical in places. I am so glad he still has his sense of humor. To get old and helpless should not be sad...it should be yet another adventure in our lives.
Wendy and Rod Alvarez

Where Are You From? Broken Arrow, OK

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1931 Durant

The Durant Motors Automobile Club