Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pool Noodles

Labor Day brings about a lot of end-of-season sales on toys and other goodies meant for summer. Each year I buy a few foam pool noodles to protect me and the cars in the garage. They are usually under a dollar, often way under a dollar.

Run a string through one and tack the ends to the garage wall to save your swinging car doors. Stand one on end and secure it in front of the garage so a harmless gentle nudge will bend it and let you know when you are at the wall. Slide a piece over the hood latch that always finds your noggin when working your head out from under the hood. A piece slit lengthwise will fit over your running board edges, door edges, hood edges and protect you and the car. This is great for the Durant's hood where it threatens the paint on the edge of the cowl.

Next time you are in a chain drug store look through their end of season sales. I do not own the Acme Pool Noodle Company but just thought I'd pass this along

Where Are You From? Rochester, NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, a New Jersey native '28 M2 Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club