Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1924 Flint clutch to transmission coupling

Any information on a 1924 Flint clutch to transmission coupling using 4 pie shaped rubber segments in a housing between the 2 U joints??

Where Are You From? Cerritos CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D63 4 dr Sedan

Re: 1924 Flint clutch to transmission coupling

Hi Dave.....

Is this similar to the Spicer coupling used on Star and some Durant products?

They contained 16 rubber balls. The Flint version was larger and the balls where bigger. I do have a source for them if you need some.

Do you have a copy of the Flint illustrated parts book that Jim Greenamyer reproduced? It was copied from Bob Krause's original. It may help you.....

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

I have the parts book but no picture of this coupling, no balls in this one, I'll send some pictures
Thank You

Where Are You From? Cerritos CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D63 4dr

I was looking at Bill Vigus's Flint and noted a strange flapping device in the universal area. The engine was running at the time; but it looked like a pair of butterfly shaped rubber pads bolted together to give some flex for any misalignment. I need to know a lot more about these also.

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? yup

Hi All.....

Might be worth contacting this guy. He lists U-joint coupling disks on the AACA forum.

http://forums.aaca.org/f160/sale-1920-durant-universal-joint-discs-241298.html

Click on website below to go to his ad

Hope this helps........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

The Durant Motors Automobile Club