Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
Re: 2011 Annual Meet in Vancouver B.C.

Hi Adam.........

Glad to hear you are going to be in Vancouver !!

Bring a couple extra bendix springs......

See you in Vancouver !!!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hi All. Sonia & I were wondering how all of you on the east coast are doing after the hurricane. Hope all is well, and all of you well be at the meet.

Where Are You From? American Canyon, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? several Stars

Bert & Sonia: Peg and I were "stuck" in San Diego because we could not get a flight to NJ until today. Arrived home about 10 pm EDT. We are A-OK. No damage to the house, basement totally dry, we did not lose power, but based upon what I see around we were very lucky. Will do a full assessment tomorrow. Thanks for asking, and we look forward to see you all in two weeks.

peggy and charlie

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Rose and I are looking forward to seeing old acquaintances and meeting new Durant owners at the meet. Registrations sent in months ago and reservations made at the hotel.
See you on the 14 th.

Where Are You From? Lundbreck, Alberta, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? several

Just made my reservations and put the check in the mail. I'll be trailering my car. Wouldn't mind having a passenger.

Where Are You From? San Francisco, CA area

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

The big meet is only a week away!
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there.

Rick

I hear you Rick...I'll be coming in on the 15th by myself, Bjorg won't be able to make it this year because of illness...Got the A-22 ready to rock...Bruce and Eddie Haragin will use my open trailer and bringing their 60 sedan...Vancouver here we come!

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA/ Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / '29 Model 40 Coupe / '25 Flint H-40

Hi all, The millers and the Babicks have made the trip to Canada about a dozen times (in our minds only). It looks like we will have between 50 to 55 members and about 15 cars. ARE WE GETTING EXCITED!!!!! YOU BET WE ARE. We will be leaving American Canyon on Sunday and arrive in Canada on Tuesday. It will be a nice slow trip.

Hey Charlies, Don't forget your camera!!!!!
See you all in about a week.

Where Are You From? American Canyon, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? several Stars

Bert

I just purchased a new 28-300 mm lens just for this trip. I will have 40 gigs of memory two lenses (100-400 mm) and a 2x extender. I will be ready to take a photo or two.

Peg and I land in Seattle on Wednesday and driving on to the hotel that afternoon, should be there by dinner.

Looking forward to seeing all of our Durant friends, and meeting those that are attending for the first time.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes three of them

Hi All....

Only a week to go !!

Cathy & I will be arrive in Seattle on Tuesday and driving into Vancouver that afternoon.

Looking forward to seeing everyone. Going to be a great time!

See you in Vancouver.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

an FYI.....I checked with my cell phone carrier yesterday (Verizon) to see the costs of service in Canada. The roaming charge is 69 cents per minute for cell phone service, and the data roaming charge is very high. I was told to use wi fi for data, email etc, and to shut of the "data roaming" feature on the phone while in Canada. So if you do not want a shock when you get your next bill you may want to check with your carrier.

I have arrived a day early. One of the couples from Austraila arrived already. I know four more people from California will arrrive later today. The hotel has set aside an area for the cars. We are rolling now.

Rick

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? two

Rick

thanks for the update. Peg and I are on a plane first thing in the morning and should be at the hotel by late afternoon. How easy/hard was the border crossing?

Charlie,

The border crossing at WA-543 truck route was easy, only 20 min or less. I received extra questions because the rental company assigned me a car with BC plates. I didn't think anything about it until I got to the border, those plates trigged extra questions from the border guard, but only for a few minutes. It was easy really. The only thing to be aware of is that the speed limits are lower on the Canadian side, 50 to 70KM most of the way.

Rick

Rick

thanks, that is where we plan on crossing the border as well. We land and noon PDT, by the time we get the car, etc, and 3 plus hour drive, I figure we should be at the hotel by 430-5 pm. See you for dinner tomorrow evening.

Once you cross the border it's an easy drive. Go up BC-15 and turn right on 88th Ave, then left on 200 Street and take first right on 88 Ave east. You'll the hotel green roof in the back of the shopping center on the left.

Where Are You From? Fremont, CA

Won't be able to make it this year, but I hope all of you have a safe trip, and a great time. Hope for great weather too. Be there in spirit anyway.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

The 2011 DMAC Annual Meeting is now in the history books. While we experienced a lot of rain, and getting lost several times, as well as one significant breakdown, a good time was had by all. Rick has started to post photos, and once we return to NJ and get the photos we took down loaded, there will be more to add to the forum. We had four members from Australia, several from Canada, many from Washington, Oregon, Idaho, California, and then those of us from PA, NJ, MN, AZ and points in between. Mark your calendars, next year we will be in Michigan in early September....be there, we had a great time in Vancouver, and thanks to Franz we had another fantastic time.

Sirs and Maams

I have returned to the north country after having enjoyed myself at the meet.

It was truly enjoyable meeting all the folk and discovering backgrounds, ethnicities and stuff.

I also pleased myself by examining my car's weaknesses agaisnt other cars at the meet. I crawled under all the cars while you city folk were in bed.

I had left home saying that I had better come back wiser and I think I did.

Sure enjoyed scaring the heck out my Ausie navigator on one missed shift on a downhill stop sign infested corner. Hey mate "arreeba, arreeba, undaley, eeeeha"; consider it "From Canada with love".

Magnum sucked $ 742 worth of gas to get there and back; but made it back over the mountains with no problems.

This is where I beg for forgiveness and ask for some help.

I was so busy talking, driving, shifting, double clutching and looking for the rest of the parade that I took no pictures.
I would sure appreciate any and all pictures anyone may have of the meet to be send to me (people, cars etc, and maybe some of me and my grandpa's "Bazoo").

I have a huge mailbox at :

info@bcsaggregates.com

Thanks to all and appreciating all the work of the executive and helpers, and especially to Franz (pretty efficient for one so young and cute as he is)

Regards
Guy

And to the ladies I met at the hat show:

I had spoken to you of my ***** sisters (who I love). Well the best comment one ever made to me was "Guy, you're just showing your ignorance". Ha, she was right and I love her.

Where Are You From? Peace River AB

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 M Touring

Will post pictures to the past events section of the website in the comming weeks. In the meantime here are a few of mine.

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club