Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
1 2
Author
Comment
2011 Annual Meet in Vancouver B.C.

Okay everyone,
starting to worry, so far I have received four registrations for this years meet.
Please give me at least heads up who will for sure attend.
Just drop me an email to let me know if you will attend just have to get rough number for my planning.
Thanks for now.
I am looking forward hearing from all the folk that want to come to Vancouver.

Yours
Franz Fraitzl

Where Are You From? North Vancouver,B.C. Canada

Re: 2011 Annual Meet in Vancouver B.C.

Franz

Peg and I will be there. We have our air travel, car rental, and hotels all booked. I will be sending you a check later this month for the annual meeting registration.

We are looking forward to the trip.

And a reminder to anyone attending from the US, whether you are flying or driving, you will need your passport to cross the border into Canada.

Where Are You From? NJ CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes three of them

Hello Franz,

Bjorg and I plan to be there, We have a buisy summer scheduled this year with one event planned each month, Santa Fe, NM- Vancover, WA- and then Vancover, B.C. for the DMAC meet...A reminder for those comming up from the south, Hwy 97 is a very scenic route and may be a pleasant change from the I-5 Slab.
Bill

Where Are You From? Leavenworth, WA / Yuma, AZ

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 / '29 model 40 / '25 Flint H-40

Hi Franz......

Cathy and I will be there. Hotel reservations made, Sent our meet registration and payment on 5/2/11.

Flying into Seattle, driving to BC.

Should be a fun trip! We drive to Cleveland Ohio to get a non stop flight.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again and lots of new faces & cars!

See Y'all in Vancouver !!

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Franz:

Peg and I host many events for different organizations. In the last few years we have found that many people pencil in the dates on their calendars, but wait until the drop-dead last minute to confirm reservations. While I have not sent the check for the DMAC portion, we have had our air travel and hotels booked since February. We will be there, and I am sure that there will be many of the "regular" DMAC attendees, as well as a few that it is their first time.

Post again on August 1, to remind everyone, and again on August 15. Don't worry, this will be a fantastic DMAC meet. I know that we are looking forward to our first trip to Vancouver in about 15 years.

Charlie and Peggy

Norma and I will be there . Nice short trip this time. I will be making my reservations soon . See you all in beautiful Vancouver B C

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Franz,
I will be there and at least 5 or 6 more people from California.

Rick

Franz I will be there with my 6-14 coupe and Jim Colbert will be bringing his 6-14 roadster (along with his wife and another couple). Jim doesn't use a computer. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 coupe

Mary & I will be there. Have booked our flight to Calgary, bus tour to Jasper, train to Vancouver and cruise up the inside passage. We have started to put the finishing touches on the 3 pre AGM days in Vancouver and Victoria and then we'll see you at the hotel. YES I'll get around to registering!!!

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 1/2 Durants and about 5/8th of a Flint

Hi Franz,

Jane and I will be coming with our Model 60. I know that Mike and Rosalie Larson from Vancouver are also coming with there car. The check will be put in the mail next week. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Phil and Jane

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Cyndi & I will be there, will be bring the 614 in its enclosed trailer all the way from Port Hueneme, CA to meet some of its siblings at the meet.

We have our hotel reservations and will send the registration fee this month.

Looking forward to seeing the people we met @ the gold coast tour and meeting new friends in Langley.

See all of you soon. Don & Cyndi

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Sedan

Franz

Based upon the responses above, I count 22 that have posted that they will be in Vancouver. There will be more as the deadline approaches. There are several members that are regular attendees that have not posted they will be there, so do not worry, we will have a fantastic time.

See you in Vancouver.

Franz,

I have booked my room, air fare and rental car.
I will be arriving on Tuesday the 13th.

I will be mailing you my registration this week.

Rick

I will be coming in on the 15th. Driving from Seattle.
Ed Vomero

Where Are You From? Staten Island New York

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring

Sent my registration fees out today --Norma and I will be there --Made the hotel registration and are all set to go. Sure gonna be a switch --About a 3 hr trip instead of three to five days --Looking forward to seeing a bunch of old friends and maybe meeting a few new ones. This is a good chance to show off some of the highlights of our Province to you easterners--
Ken and Norma

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Ken

while this is not our first trip to British Columbia, we are looking forward to seeing the areas of the Province that we have not seen. Oh and for us this is a 14 day trip, with about 10,000 air miles, and well over 1000 driving miles.

charlie and peggy

Sure wish I had a BIG house ( like maybe hotel size) I would invite all you durantonians to visit and show you around the country in the interior of B C Only have rooms for two couples and they are already booked solid -- lol Sorry guys. The Babicks and Millers are in from a year back . Lots of hotels and motels around the area though . If you are interested in making another sort of a tour out of this one-. --We can always go around this part of B C. and see sights that I think are very nice to see. I would love to be a guide--. lol
Ken

Sure wish I had a BIG house ( like maybe hotel size) I would invite all you durantonians to visit and show you around the country in the interior of B C Only have rooms for two couples and they are already booked solid -- lol Sorry guys. The Babicks and Millers are in from a year back . Lots of hotels and motels around the area though . If you are interested in making another sort of a tour out of this one-. --We can always go around this part of B C. and see sights that I think are very nice to see. I would love to be a guide--. lol
Ken

Hello Everyone,
and the registrations are coming in now, thanks.
I understand that the cheaper rate hotel rooms are all booked up already. I will look into it next week monday is a holiday but tuesday for sure. It is a busy time for traveler's even after school is back in.
I will start sending updates. Oh, I think we already have a winner for the longest distance traveled. Talk soon.
Franz Fraitzl

Hello Everyone,
and the registrations are coming in now, thanks.
I understand that the cheaper rate hotel rooms are all booked up already. I will look into it next week monday is a holiday but tuesday for sure. It is a busy time for traveler's even after school is back in.
I will start sending updates. Oh, I think we already have a winner for the longest distance traveled. Talk soon.
Franz Fraitzl

Franz

we told you the registrations would be arriving. I just wrote our check so it will be in the mail on Monday morning and you should have it by the end of the week.

I'm planning on coming with my car and a guest. Are there any issues with respect to crossing the border with the Star in a trailer?

Where Are You From? san francisco

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

Vince

Make sure that you have a passport or the new passport card, just a photo ID does not work anymore. Have the registration and insurance cards for the car, and be prepared to have the trailer inspected. It could take you a bit longer to cross, but there should not be issues if you have the documents.

REMINDER to everyone that is coming from the US into Canada, you need a PASSPORT or the new passport card. (Some state driver's licenses are also acceptable if you are driving across the border).

You can never go wrong if you carry a passport.

See you in Vancouver!

Hi all. Hotel reservations made, passports checked and packed, modern truck registration and insurance checked. NOTE: make sure that everyone coming from the states has a non resendence insurance card from your insurance co. This tell the canadian officials that your have insurance in canada . The same thing applies to trailers. It cost me $99 per year for my new enclosed trailer. Just thought you would want to know. Our reservation check is in the mail so we are set to go to Canada. Hey Ken and Norma, we are set and ready to come and see you and all the other Durantorians. Bert

Where Are You From? American Canyon, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? several Stars

Bert, Good tip regarding the non resendence insurance card. I just called my insurance company and mine is on the way.

Rick

I checked with my State Farm agent in Oregon and he said the following:

Phil, I did some additional research on on Canada's insurance requirements. We
haven't completed the "Old" Canada insurance card in years but I would hate to
give information and get someone held up at the border. I was told by
underwriting you only need special proof of coverage for the following
Provinces. New Brunswick, Nova Scotia,Prince Edward Island, Quebec and
Saskatchewan. If you are entering into any other Province from the US the only
requirement is that you have proof of insurance.

Where Are You From? Portland, OR

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Thanks for the Ins. Card info. My agents are sending them to me this week. Cyndi & I are looking forward to the trip. The Durant is tuned up, the trailer cleaned and the bank says they will cover the expenses if we stay within our budget. So much for our debt ceiling.

See you soon

Where Are You From? Port Hueneme, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 614 Deluxe Sedan

Hi Franz

Docu's in mail tommorrow.

If ole' Dodge 571 hemi can drag the Star over the continental divide, I will be there. Otherwise keep the $95.

Question:
Reason why a lot a Saskatchewan people retire in BC.?
Answer:
"I'll be ****ed if I'm going over those them there hills again !!!"

Where Are You From? Peace River AB CA

Ok the registrations are coming in daily now. We have eight days left before all the remainder of the rooms go back into the hotel pool to be booked. So who has not booked do so this week. So far we are going to be around forty off us. Have not heard much of the local crowd. Except for Kamloops ;-).
But I understand there are a few Durantiens on Vancouver island.
Only five weeks away folks it is going to be fun.
On another note, my registration did not make it clear but if everyone that is going to bring a car could email me that would be lovely.
Thanks for now.
Franz

Hi Ken & Norma: It looks like your going to have a couple of more guests after the tour. Members of our local group, Pam & Roger VonBergen would like to join us. They are more than willing to stay in a moderately price hotel close to your home. See you and the rest of the Durantorians in five weeks. Please advise. The countdown is on. Bert

Hi Franz: At the banquet dinner, Sonia and I thought about having some wine with our dinner and shareing it with all the Durantorians.. We would like to know what the restrictions are regarding shipping or bring the wine into Canada. Please advise. Bert

Franz: I'll be sending my registration this week. Looking forward to seeing all club members.

I just called the Peace Arch Border Patrol office (360-332-8511)and they indicated that all the cars will need the registration and insurance info. This includes the car trailer and the car on the trailer. Unless you have a pasport you should have your birth certificate. Original or certified copy.

Bert: Last time I crossed the border I think they had the "export" store. You buy the booze in Blane and they carry it over the border. I am sure you can also buy things in Canada.

For statesiders that have never been in this area before Point Roberts is not to far to the West. Maybe Sunday after you check out you can drive over. This is the only area in the US that has to be entered (by car) thru Canada.
Thanks, Gary

Where Are You From? Washington State

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Hi All....

Well this is sure shaping up to be a great meet !

Cathy and I are looking forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones.

Can't wait to see some of the Durantonians in this beautiful area.

Phil Peters has even offered me a ride in a "real car" he said it is one that really goes and is able to stop. Must not be a Star!

See Y'all in Vancouver in a couple weeks..........

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Bert and Sonia- I think you should bring all the wine you can. Don't you just have to drive about a mile down the road to get to some of the best wineries in the world? But seriously I don't think they allow you to bring in more than a couple of bottles "for personal consumption".

Hi Bert
Been out to Vancouver and Victoria several times and they have some great wineries in that area too. The get the right chill for the grapes and some are very good. I wouldn't bother bringing any in, just enjoy some of the local grapes there. But I'm sure you can bring a bottle or two of your California vintage if you want. I know the US allows you to bring back a couple unopened bottles when you come back in.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

The other thing that you have to consider with your own wine is whether the Hotel/Banquet facility will let you use your own wine. If they will, they will probably charge you a corkage fee per bottle.
Much better to purchase the wine through the Hotel/Banquet facilty and everyone is happy.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

All this wine talk !!!!
Sounds awful cultured.

Myself, I found quite a few old beer bottle caps under the seats of my Star.

regards
guy

Where Are You From? Peace River AB

I am with Guy, I would prefer a good microbrewed beer such as an IPA or an ESB or a pale ale, than wine.

Hey Charlie
Maybe you'll be able to add some micro brewery's to you data base there. Vancouver is a great town and I'm sure they have some.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

We have a lot of Micro-Breweries here --Nearly every town and city has a few around . Also lots of booze places so wine is an easy commodity to get. Our Okanagan valley makes a lot of good wines- - even some of the ice wine-- I am not a wine expert but I understand the local wines are giving the Californian wine a good run for their money. Getting closer to the time .
See you all soon
Ken

Mike and Ken

I knew there were lots of microbreweries in the Vancouver area, and I am looking forward to adding to my list of 1275 that I have already tasted.

We are on the 30 day count down.

Hi all. We will bring a couple of bottles of good old calif. wine. This way we can have a wine tasting party to compare your local wines. As Charlie points out, we could have a micro brewery tasting party also. It all sounds good to me. The 27 model R is back on the road and seems to run good. Looks like it will make it to canada. It sounds like we all will have a great time. The final countdown is on, only four weeks to go. Note: we will be arriving one day early in Vancouver B.C. FUN FUN FUN. Bert

Hi All.......

Wow this sounds like a good plan!

With Bert's wine, Charlie's micro brew and Tim Horton's coffee. What more could anyone ask for EH ??

See y'all in Vancouver !!!!

Frank ---

Sounds to me like Frank maybe has some Canadian blood in his veins EH?
I understand that south of the Canadian border the favorite expression is HUH???
Myself I drink Yukon Jack --Good old rye whisky liquor Mix with a bit of rye --( Good old Black Velvet rye )

Lots of good wine here --lol and beer as well
See you all in Vancouver
Ken

Ya gotta luv the members of this club, we each have our favorite liquid refreshment, and we will have a great time in Vancouver. EH, HUH, Duh or whatever.

See you north of the border.

Charlie- Could it be that after working on these cars we want a drink? (Either in frustration or celebration)! Ross

Ross, I think you have a good point!

OK, there are 3 weeks to go until the start of the annual DMAC in Vancouver, BC. How many do we have attending?

Hi Charlie..........

Last count I saw was over 40 !!

And we all know our group has a lot of last minute attendees !

Going to be a great meet, see you all there......

Frank ---

I sent in my registration yesterday, I hope it makes it by the deadline, but I am going to trailer the car over the Rocky Mountains. At least I won't have to do it in reverse.

Where Are You From? Woodbury, MN (St. Paul)

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A-22 Sport Touring

1 2

The Durant Motors Automobile Club