Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1930 Durant Coupe 617 for sale

I found this Durant in my area. Didn't get to talk to the owner but he is open to offers. Original mohair there but needs some interior work and top. 20K might be original. Running boards are wood. Runs. Fuel system changed to newer style pump, has new gas tank. Has been stored in a barn since '44. Original owner bought new in 30, went off to war and was killed. No rust that I could see. Rumble seat has springs but no upholstery. Tires look good. Fenders have been repainted with a brush, a few small dents.
Anybody have an idea on value?
Thanks,
Rod
gas pump
gas pump
gas pump
gas pump
gas pump
gas pump
gas pump

Where Are You From? Nebraska

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: 1930 Durant Coupe 617 for sale

I found # 1739 found on tag on passenger side floorboard. The tag on the engine says: Continental Engine 15 U SN# 4935. I talked to the owner and he said if he didn't get an offer of $10,000 that he was going to Rat Rod it. I tried to tell him that the car was too good to tear apart and knowing the story behind the car was a plus. He mentioned that the owner was killed on D Day, June 6, '44 and that he bought it from the 1st owner's family. The guy is a younger 40ish and either doesn't appreciate stock cars of that era or thought it would scare me into writing him a check on the spot. I think it runs but he said he didn't want to start it up as it was low on gas and gas is high....So if anyone wants to talk to the owner, email me and I'll give the owner's phone number to you.
IMO I think it doesn't have the original rear bumper as it has a full width bumper but has the spare tire carrier also...not a big deal though.
Thanks for looking,
Rod
gas pump
gas pump
gas pump
gas pump
gas pump

I'm (now) the owner of the car described...It does run, is in very solid condition. I'm presently seeking an ignition switch for the car...It's had several owners in recent years..The most recent owner installed a new gas tank, got it running...Frankly, I don't know much (heck, anything) about these cars..Generally, I prefer 1950-60's cars, but when we (wife and I) saw this car, just decided we had to have it.. We are really "babes in the woods" on this vehicle...I'm not even sure how to "shift" this 4-speed....Am in the process going over the car with a mechanic to see what it needs..We plan to repaint it original colors, redo the interior...and make a "driver" out of the car. We also just joined the Durant club! gary

Where Are You From? Fort Collins, CO

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Glad this car has found a good home and will be restored.
Enjoy this fine automobile!
Rod

Gary a great car to restore and remember you have a great group of helpers here. The knowledge base is the best at the DMAC. Hope to see you at one of our meets soon. Even if the car is not restored yet.

Where Are You From? Oviedo, Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 door

The Durant Motors Automobile Club