Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Source for Obsolete Continental Engine parts

Saw this recently posted on the AACA forum. Might be a source for some parts for some of our engines.

http://www.montesequipment.com/

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Source for Obsolete Continental Engine parts

Never know Mike. See if they reply to my email. NAPA carries a few bits and we used to have a place in Ottawa that carried Continental parts under AC name but Benson's bought out most of the stores everywhere and that vanished. Had to be careful and not say Durant, but rather the motor type.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

I inquired about gaskets for a 6W Continental as used in a 1925 Flint and also the Moon, In particular the manifold Gskt....There reply was that they didn't go back that far.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 Durant Touring / '29 Model 40 Coupe

Right you are Bill .. here's their reply

Dear Sir,

We do not go back that far in technical info. We only go back to the 40's.

Gerard Moons
Montes Equipment Inc.
(Continental Industrial Engine Parts)
2031 S. Wabash Avenue
Chicago, Il 60616-1708
800-228-2625/312-225-2660
Fax: 312-225-4208
Email: montes@flash.net

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Try the EGGE CO. they have alot of parts for all kind of makes and they do great work

Where Are You From? Utah

Do You own a car built by Durant? '29 M4

Bill & Norm
Maybe you guys know or maybe Frank and join in, but doesn't some parts manufactured for the Continental engines cross reference into the late 50's or early 60's. I seem to have heard that things like distributor caps, points and some other parts were used on fork lifts and industrial engines till the early 60's. Maybe they don't have the books to go back that far, but maybe if you have the part number or cross reference number they might have what you need.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Mike,

I don't know what more I could have done, I did give them the Victor #, this is a copy of my email:

Wondering if you may have any gaskets for the 6W Continental engine, this would be from around 1924-25. Mainly looking for the manifold gskt. but could use others the Victor# 8698 is for the manifold Gskt. This engine was used in the 1925 Flint model H-40 also the Moon automobiles.

Thanks much.
Bill Hoaglan, Leavenworth WA.

Their reply was..."Sorry we don't go back that far".

Bill,

There is a Victor gasket 8698 on Ebay for $100. It is item number 380050690371.

Dennis

Thanks Dennis,

Yes, I saw that, but I thought a $100. dollars for a manifold Gskt was pretty steep...I did snag a headgasket from the same seller for $30, then the next day he put up the manifold gasket with a (buy it now $100) I think he was trying to snooker me...I'll check with Oleson's gasket, I will probably need some other stuff as well...Thanks again.

Olson's Gaskets have sold and even made new gaskets from our my old ones. Good people.
They are up in Port Orchard Washington the county seat for Kitsap County and Bremerton.
l lived there for a long long time. Anyway here is the info for them. Web site...www.olsonsgaskets.com
3059 Opdal Rd E
Port Orchard, WA 98366, USA
Phone: (360) 871-1207
Fax: (360) 871-0991
Email: info@olsonsgaskets.com
Hours: M-F, 8am-4pm PST
Have fun
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? San diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club