Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spring Kalamazoo Meet

Many thanks to Bill DeVries and his lovely wife for the great time we all had this weekend. We loved the informal, laid back, plan as you go style. The weather was perfect for Gilmore with the tour back to the motel during a heavy thunderstorm adding an exciting dimension to traveling in antique cars!
We had a great time, made a lot of new friends and will do it again.
Ron & Sharon

Where Are You From? Illinois

Do You own a car built by Durant? '27 Star, '24 Star

Re: Spring Kalamazoo Meet

Hi All....

What a GREAT time!!!

Thanks to Bill & Annjean for arranging the spring meet.

It was good to see all the old timers as well as some new faces.

We had cars from Michigan, Pennsylvania, Missouri, Texas (at least half of one!) and Ontario, Canada. Thanks to all who brought cars.

The Gilmore museum was a very interesting visit. And the dinner stop arranged by Ralph and Judy was excellent.

Don and Butch brought a trailer load of Flint from Texas for Jack Connor. It was sure good to have that load to pick through for bendix springs, got two of the cars going again. Thanks Jack, we helped lighten your load back home!

An added feature this year was the torrential rain torture driving test. Some of us learned first hand how "interesting" it must have been driving our cars in foul weather. I though Star brakes where bad, but the rain added a whole new level of difficulty. Hand operated windshield wipers are about useless. Open cars with no side curtains also presented some challenges.

I also discovered it is a good idea to put the top up before a tour to eliminate any "residents" that may have discovered a winter home. Tom and Karen where just as surprised as I was (maybe even more) We where all soaked by the time we got back to the hotel.

Great fun great people and great cars, who could ask for more.

Next stop Guelph !!

See y'all in Canada in July......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown, Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? 17 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy (one horse power)

Hi Frank, I know all about the star brakes . I must get mine repaired before before Canada. Did you get the splash aprons.

Where Are You From? American Canyon, California

Do You own a car built by Durant? several Stars

Got back last night here to sunny Orlando and have everything unpacked. Had a great time seeing everyone and enjoyed Gilmore Museum very much. If any of you haven't been there, then set your sights on the 2012 National Meet. Maybe we can return there again. Thanks Bill and Annjean for your efforts and Judy too. It's people like you that make this club great and continue to be the best car club around.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

what a great crowd we are......we durantonians....
awesome is not even enough to describe the great kalamazoo adventure....cannot wait to read about it and see the pictures in the Partner...thanx for all the hugs and luv....regards, gary k

Where Are You From? PENNA.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 DURANT 6-14 COACH ; 1925 STAR F ROADSTER

The Durant Motors Automobile Club