Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
exhaust system for 614 Durant

Reg and I are trying to get the exhaust systems for our 614 roadsters built. We tried Walrons who said they have the pattern but now they say can't find the pattern. they say that they are willing to travel to measure one if we can find an intact 614 exhaust within a couple of hours of Centreville MI. Any 614 owners out there who can help? thanks Kenn 607 592 1911

Where Are You From? Ithaca NY

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 6 14 roadster

Re: exhaust system for 614 Durant

Hey Kenn
I hope another Durant owner comes through for you. We in the Durant world need a good supplier for exhaust systems for our cars and Waldron was about the only one I know that had them. Hopefully they find their pattern or someone can help everyone out. I'm not sure how much the exhaust systems changed over the years, but I know they advertised on their web site and they wood produce it in steel or stainless steel which would last forever. I know that is where I was going for my exhaust system.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

I used a thin wall electrical conduit bender to make a pattern for our exhaust and tail pipes. A local muffler shop then bent aluminized steel tubing to match the bends in the 1/2" thin wall, worked for me
Thank You

Where Are You From? Cerritos CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D 63 4 door

Keen
Did you ever get any feedback if Waldron's got a muffler to use as a go by? Or did they find their pattern?

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

The Durant Motors Automobile Club