Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Coupe

Anybody know what ever happened with the guy the NW that had a Durant rumble seat coupe sliced in about 6 parts?

Thanks

Where Are You From? South Carolina

Do You own a car built by Durant? Own a Dort

Re: Durant Coupe

Not sure If I am the one you are inquiring about, but I have a model 40 coupe that was put together with sedan doors and some other sedan parts...Sedan doors are 5 1/2" narrower than coupe doors so there was a
5 1/2" section added to the rear coupe quarters in front of the rear wheel wells to make up for the body length... I have picked up an M-4 Coupe parts car giving me enough parts to put together one correct Coupe...My Coupe was not a rumble however.

Bill

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring / Model 40 Coupe

This was a guy in CA or OR that had found a Durant rumble seat coupe and had each side standing up against a wall. Some parts had been stolen between the time he found it and when he went to pick it up. . . I remember the radiator was one part that was taken. He was surprised because he said the car was not vis from the road. I talked with him and thought I had made a deal. He promised to call me back after he returned from a family trip. He didn't and I called and LM sev more times, but lost contact with him.

Love to see a pic of your coupe. Is it for sale?

GRF
gfrancis884@gmail.com

Where Are You From? South Carolina

Do You own a car built by Durant? Own a Dort

I bought the Durant Coupe that was listed on this forum about a year and a half ago...This car was in Mammoth Lakes ,CA and was stored against a wall under a short roof to help protect it from the heavy snow and was out of sight from the main road in town...The body on this '28 M-4 Coupe had been taken apart to replace the wood, everything was there including new tires and a new recored radiator with shell that had been recromed...The young fellow selling the car thought the roof and floor was missing but all that was included in the old original wood that had been removed and stored for replacement pattern, It turned out to be everything I needed to complete my project and then some...

If you key the words : "sale cheap" above it should take you to the old listing.

Bill

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring / Model 40 Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club