Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My husbands car

I have a car I need to get rid of because the city of Big Ditch has told me to bring my house up to code or have it condemned and it's not worth it. I'm going to move in with my granddaughter. The car belonged to my husband and he left in in the garage in 1942 when he joined the Navy. He bought it from his Father in 41. My husband was killed in action in the Pacific. I don't remember much about the car except only two people could ride in it unless some stood on the runningboards and the Word Star 4 is on a tag on the front of the radiator.
It has been sitting for so long it is not worth anything and I just would like someone to take it away before my house is tore down.

Where Are You From? Big Ditch, MO

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: My husbands car

is that post from Imma or Emma??

Where Are You From? Cerritos CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

This wouldnt by some chance be a good day to be getting rid of a car since it is APRIL 1St would it?? Sounds like an April fool joke to me
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I just wanted to let you folks know that the car is gone now.
A nice young man from Texarkana, Texas just left here with it on his trailer. He saw my add on craigslist and came right on up. I hope he can put it to good use.

Emma

Do You own a car built by Durant? Not Now

Hi All.....

Young man in Texarkana? Well that rules out anyone I know!

Guess I'll have to go get that 1929 Model 70 roadster Cathy & I found in an old closed dealership in Ohio. As well as the completely stocked service department.

BUT what if it is true?????

See y'all in Kalamazoo & Vancouver.......

Frank ---

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

I got a call and there is a whole family of Doozeys
Emma
Imma
Urra and Gotta

Where Are You From? Cerritos CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Frank now you never know? I remember a rumor about some old Durant parts somewhere in Indiana that had not seen the light for many many years. Didn't that turn out to be true. What a scavenger hunt that was as a side note to the great Auburn meet we all had. Watched a show on Coach Built cars and it showed the ACD showroom several times. Brought back great memories. Probably one of the best banquet locations we've had!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

April Fools Day Fizzle

Well, I guess there's just no foolin' this group of auto affectionadoes with "Too Good to be True" stories. The old iron is still out there, it just takes some time, patience, and generally money to drag them home.
I'm working on the remnants of a '27 closed car down in South Texas and a stash of various Durant parts en route to Kalamazoo. Hopefully, I can snag enough to load in the bed of my pickup.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club