Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I am sad to report

I just received an email from Gary Warden's daughter Haley. She said that her father Gary Warden passed away this past Tuesday. It was a sudden, massive heart attack and he died instantly. There was no suffering.

Gary owned a 1929 Model 60 Roadster made in Oakland and helped many club members with their cars in need of information. He will be missed.

Rick

Re: I am sad to report

My condolences go out to his family. I believe he used to live in the Atlanta area and was very active in the club years ago. Always sad to hear of one of the Durant family passing. Haley was also our Editor for awhile wasn't she?

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

That corrct Mike, Gary did live in Atlanta and had just moved to southern California a couple of years ago. His daughter Haley was indeed our editor for awhile.

Rick

my condolences to Gary's family....He was a good man and will be missed by our club members...

Where Are You From? plymouth meeting, pa.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 durant 6-14 coach ; 1925 star F roadster

My condolences to Gary's family also.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

I had talked with Gary while he was in Atlanta and working on his roadster.

He had done some articles for the Partner while His daughter was editor.

He will be missed. He and his family will be in our thoughts and prayers......

Frank & Cathy Witkowski

Where Are You From? Hookstown Pennsylvania

Do You own a car built by Durant? a few

Gary attended some of the first meetings we had at the Comfort Inn in Hershey around 1999.

Doris and I send our prayers to Haley and family. He added a lot of enthusiasm in the early years.

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Durant Touring

Wow my prayers go out to Haley and family. What a shock. Gary was not that old. While l was president Tony Burke our editor had to give up the job with very little notice cause UPS was sending him out of town and we needed someone quick and Rick and l was talking to Gary Warden and he said he did not know how to do that kind of work but he would try and get his sweet daughter Haley to help us out even though she was going to college. So she stepped in and did a great job and Gary got to contributing articles to our club magazine. We always print a bunch of extra magazines to sell later and one of Haley's classic's is the 12/04 covering the New Jersey meet and the Elizabeth factory. Try and buy one from our club to see her work and a cute picture of her in there.
He was so proud of his cute deluxe 29 Durant roadster. Big loss. Thank you Gary for all your help.
Faithfully
Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A few

I recall making a new wood steering wheel for Gary's little roadster, Gary sent me the spider from Florida and I built the new wheel but inevertnly I didn't put all the information on his shipping address when I shipped it...To make a long story short, that steering wheel made two trips plum across the United States, Anyway I thought Gary would get mad at me but he didn't...We will miss you Gary...
Faithfully
Bill Hoaglan

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? A-22 Touring / Model 40 Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club