Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stone gaurd for a 1930 Durant

Lee at the Brassworks emailed me this morning and said the following: "We are trying to clear out all of our stoneguards. We have a 1930 Durant Stoneguard produced sometime ago. It has some surface rust and needs to be re-plated. It needs a home and we are discounting it to $100". The Brassworks is a source for repair and reproduction of our type radiators and cores. They advertise in most of the old car magazines and have done Durant radiator reconstruction before. Anyone interested just email lee@thebrassworks.net.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Stone gaurd for a 1930 Durant

Mike
Where is this place located? I could use a guard but the freight costs are out of this world. Maybe some nice guy from the club will be coming to the vancouver meet and would deliver it ???
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

They are in Pasa Robles, California. Southern part I think. I guess they either made some up or bought out someone who made these for quite a few makes of cars. If you go to their site www.brassworks.net and look to the right you can see a button that will show you what some of them look like.

Darn. I was just in Paso Robles last week. However, if you can get it to either the San Francisco or Los Angeles areas or anywhere along I5 between the two, I can get it to Vancouver.

Where Are You From? Just North of San Francisco

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star

I tried to buy the guard for Dot but it was sold Friday. Been looking for one since 2006. Standard equipment on the Dominion Motors 614 31 - 32.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

I too tried to get the Stoneguard for my Durant, but it was gone. According to Lee at the brassworks, a new Stoneguard runs approx. $700.00
So not all is lost, will just have to save up a couple more years. hahaha

Rory

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 614 Deluxe Sedan

Sorry guys it was sold, hope a fellow Durantonian got it!

Yep its gone and Lee said they have 179 patterns for stone guards for various cars.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club