Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Exhaust system rebuild

Durant owners or anyone with information, I could use your help for this stage of the restoration. I am presently working on the exhaust system for my Durant D75 sedan and am making progress after rebuilding the muffler with the "factory" built-in cutout. What I need is some dimensions and photos of an original exhaust pipe....the pipe from the muffler that routes the exhaust out the back. I have only the forward part of the 1.75" diameter pipe but need to know how it routes from the arch over the rear axle and back. Photos are worth a thousand words and would be much appreciated!

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? D75

Re: Exhaust system rebuild

Still looking for any help to the specific factory routing of the exhaust pipe in the form of photos, dimensions, and measurements with possible angles. I want to fabricate what was originally there from the factory. I am sure their are some of you that have gone through this routine and probably have some information or photos to share.

Where Are You From? Hyattsville Md

Do You own a car built by Durant? D75

Re: Exhaust system rebuild

Steve
Hope all is going well with your restoration. Pictures, pictures, post some pictures. Since most of you up north are still having cold weather, probably no one wants to go out in the cold garage and crawl under the car to get these for you. I know that a company called Waldron Exhausts sells exhaust systems for Durants. You can find them at www.waldronexhaust.com. But I know with your talent you want to make it yourself. Maybe you can get some idea from their pictures on their web site. Or maybe someone will get the measurements etc for you as soon as they can.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

The Durant Motors Automobile Club