Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wanted - Horn mounting bracket

Wanted- Looking for a mounting bracket for horn mounted to engine. To replace homemade job.

1930-31 22A

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? two of em

Re: Wanted - Horn mounting bracket

There you go again, forgetting us with the 22A, 22AA, 32A motors past US 1930 - 31. 1930 - 32 Durant & 31 - 32 Frontenac with same part you need.

Sure that's not orig ?? Seems Mickey Mouse like most D / F things, ha ha. Sorry Rick I just couldn't resist.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Well I don't know if the horn is original, but it's in good shape and works. The mounting bracket gets the job done but certainly is mickey mouse.

That's another item the after market catalogues don't mention, is horns for any model.

I will send you two pics of the horn if it helps.

Rick- I was missing the horn and this bracket from my 22A also. Found a Northeast horn at a swap meet (listed in the owner's manual as one of the types used), and made a bracket from a picture of Ray Zenz's original. I believe it fits under the third head bolt on the outside left of the engine. Let me know if you need a pic. Ross

Where Are You From? Orygun

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 6-14 coupe

A pic would be good. I'm sure I can make something if I saw a picture.

Here's the 30 - 32 Durant / 31 - 32 Frontenac horn pic, I sent Rick, and yes third head bolt from the back. This is on a 615 but idential to my 32 614, and my old 30 614 of the 60's.

Photobucket

Well imagine my surprise when I pushed the snow away from the shed door to get these two photos. Its not a one piece bracket but several pieces on the 32. No the bracket isn't broken and a mickey mouse arrangement. I knocked off some of the orig paint to take these pics.
Its a thick piece from block as you can see with two thin pieces sandwiched with cross pieces and rivits holding it all together. Washers of same size as bottom plate as spacers between the plates at top and rubber (?) washers at horn fastening. Its 3 1/4 inches across the bend. I wonder if the thin pieces take up vibration ?? Could this be yet another Dominion difference for the 32 614 / 618 ?
The 615 bracket pic is one piece, but bolts are not orig. Horns are same.

Photobucket
Photobucket

Rick do you still need that horn bracket??
If so, I have one.

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Yes, I'm still in need of that part.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club