Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Thoughts and Prayers to our fellow Durantonians in New Zealand

I know it is not exactly where they live, but let's hope that Graham and June Mock went unscathed in the recent earthquake in New Zealand. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: Thoughts and Prayers to our fellow Durantonians in New Zealand

Phil Pickard was also from Christchurch, New Zealand.
Phil was on the first Board of Directors. Not sure if he is still a member. Thoughts and prayers to all..

Yates

Where Are You From? Four Oaks, NC

Do You own a car built by Durant? 23 Durant Touring

Thank goodness the Mocks live hundreds of miles north of Christchurch..in Taupo, so they should be fine...

Where Are You From? Southern Vermont

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Certainly looks terrible. We were in Christ church a few years back. A beautiful city but doesnt look so good right now. The Cathedral was a very memorable sight. Curious to see if it can be saved and rebuilt. I would hate to have to go through the shaking that happened there. My friends are all in Wanaka--south of there.
Ken

Where Are You From? Kamloops B C Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

I got an email from Phil and Alida Pickard in New Zealand. They live out side of Christchurch in Darfield and the shaking wasn't near as bad this time as the quake in September. Phil is not very active in the car club right now. He bought a farm and that takes up a lot of his time as well as a full time job.
He mentioned that Christchurch was pretty bad and was starting to get back after the Sept. quake.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Thank you very much for your kind thoughts and prayers for us here Down Under. Christchurch Central Business District is a write off and some residential suburbs will have to be abandoned. Loss of life, injuries and damage to houses has affected lots of families all over NZ and other countries. We are a small nation. Sorry I have not answered sooner as I have been very busy with Vintage Car Rally's and Lions Club fund raising for a Cancer Lodge. The Earthquake in Japan last week made our Christchurch one look like a pimple on a pumkin so you people in San Francisco will appreciate what Chch went through them mutiply that by 8,000 times and that is how bad the Japan Quake was. We had a memorial service for the Christchurch victims today from 12.30pm until 3.00pm and most NZers were glued to their TV sets. Prince William (Prince of Wales) was there plus 10's of thousands of people. Once again thank you for your concern it is great to be a Member of this Family Club
Lots of Love Graham

Where Are You From? Taupo New Zealand

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 A22 Durant Sport Tourer

The Durant Motors Automobile Club