Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Engine temp. sensor

Does anyone know the ohms and or guage range of the heat sensor for the 1930/31 Durant.A part # would help. I would like to put in a more modern heat sensor; preferably from a 6V car but maybe one from an early 454 Chev or the NAPA part #TS6726. BUT!!! It would be nice if after that it actually worked.

Where Are You From? Whitby, ON

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Engine temp. sensor

jACK:

I seem to remember that Jeff had a modern part number replacement. Will see if I can find it. Maybe Will knows.
We are going to have the DMAC meet at Pringlemeirs again this year.
Gord

Where Are You From? Guelph, Ontario, Canada

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Jack:
We have three numbers that are interchangeable and that you can get at your local parts store:

Neihoff DR - 134A

Blue Streak TS6

AC Delco G 1852

This switch uses a "button terminal" and to date we have not been able to find a suitable pigtail. We are still looking.

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac

Gordon, I have used a flat blade connector, female variety, May have to squeeze or loosen to fit snugly over the button terminal

Where Are You From? Canberra, Australia

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D66

Jack & Phil:
We have found a terminal for the sensor but it does not appear to be available in Canada. We are still checking for a Canadian supplier. However, if you key the part number into Google, there are several suppliers in the US. The supplier and part number are:

PICO 5665 PT

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 Frontenac sedan

I see that Gord. Bing has nothing but Google has lots of hits. Forgive me not understanding. Our 31 / 32, D / F, have one piece gauge / sending unit, and the electric two piece from 30 doesn't fit the instrument cluster. Still looking for a 31 / 32 one piece. If you recall the 30 cresent moon mickey mouse sedan, its dash was changed to the 31 type but electric gauge wouldn't fit. Dots has a jobber thing hanging under the dash when I got her, as someone cut the fluid tube back of the gauge.

Haven't been pesting you folks lately as Di is on life support since Feb 8th. Got called in at 3 am 2nd day as I almost lost her. They have no idea what's wrong with her, still. Had an op biopsy last night from outside the lungs and only 50 / 50 chance it might tell them something. Something attacked the lungs, causing bleeding into them.

Where Are You From? Ottawa Ont

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan

Norm
Sorry to hear about Di and will put her in our prayers. Hope all goes well!

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Norm,
I'm also very sorry to hear about Di. Again I hope all goes well and they find the problem and fix it!

Hang in there, our thoughts and prayers are with both you and Di.

Lance C.

Where Are You From? Niceville Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 28 Locomobile 8-70, 25 Loco JR-8 Brougham, 26 Loco JR-8 Sedan, and JR-8 Roadster project, 30 Durant 610 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club