Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HAVE 1924 STAR IN ALL ORIGIONAL SHAPE AND WANT TO SELL

HI I found your guys forum and thought maybe one of you would be interusted in buying my star or could give me some info on how much it is worth. I cant find anyone who knows much about stars but i think i have found the place. I have a all origional 1924 star Touring Model. Their is no deep rust only minor surfuce rust. I talked to a car restorer and he said that all he would have to do is dissasemble it and sand blast or take it to a place where they dip the parts to chemically inhibit and remove the rust. All the tires are there and in good shape. The roof matierial isnt perfect but the origional wood stringers are there still stamped with star. The motor is not ceased and will turn over with the origional hand crank. Everything is their besides some wires might need to be replaced. All lights bumpers trim windows, steering wheel interior, seats is all their. The car is amazing, we were cleaning a peice of property and found this car in the corner of a shop were it had been stored for who knows how long. The car is amazing and a 1 in a million find. I would believe it would run and drive with a little work. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in buying or could help me find somewhere to sell it and aprox. value. Thanks for your help and i think it is awesome you guys all have a club for stars. Stars have an amazing and interusting history and will always be a part of auto, american histor and heritage thanks again. Please post a reply or send me an email at Yota4x4er@hotmail.com thanks for your help TIM

Where Are You From? washington

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Star touring

Re: HAVE 1924 STAR IN ALL ORIGIONAL SHAPE AND WANT TO SELL

Hi Tim again. I was looking around your page and found some one has posted my ad off craigslist. Thats awesome. Again thank you to anyone that can help me.

Where Are You From? washington

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1924 Star touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club