Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The great Durant archiving/ digitation project is in full swing! But I need your help!

Good Afternoon Everyone!

I don't know if you are aware but I have purchased from Lance Haynes maybe the biggest collection of Durant lititure in existence! I have begun accessioning, digitizing,and archiving all of it with the intent to get every last manual, advertisement, parts catalog and factory correspondence on the internet so everyone can learn about their cars.
Every page of each item will be readable and searchable for free! So if you you type in your cars year and model into the search everything pertaining to your car will pop up. As far as I know after this is done we will be the only car club to have all the lititure online!

After this is done each item will be carefully persevered in an acid free, fireproof, climate controlled environment. From there they will sit perfectly persevered. until the DMAC can achieve non profit museum tax status and open a museum. At that time I will donate everything I have to the DMAC.

But in the mean time. I'm going to need a little help form you guys. Archival supplies are very expensive, and being 21 and in college I am already strapped for cash.
I need to purchase a Fireproof filing cabinet and more buffered acid free paper to line documents with. as most of the items I have is made of highly Acidic paper like newsprint and were not ment to last and will not last without conservation. I want this stuff to last !

I have experience in conservation as I have volunteered and worked at a museum for a few years now. So it will be done right.

So you guys get something out of it I will be selling Durant motor company notepads.
Photobucket

the design was taken straight from original Durant company letterhead!

I'm working on the Star note pads will be here soon as well!

I'm selling them for $10 each.

This is my personal appeal:
Please help me preserve this information for posterity!

Thank you

-Phillip Butterfield

If you are interested please let me know and send a check or money order to:

Phillip Butterfield
27262 Englewood st
Moreno Valley, Ca

Where Are You From? Moreno Valley Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 6-14

Re: The great Durant archiving/ digitation project is in full swing! But I need your help!

Hey Phil great idea and we appreciate your effort to help all of us document Billy Durant and his great car company. You and I have corresponded about your project and the effort the DMAC is now undertaking to start a collection/museum effort to obtain, catalog and preserve items of interest on Durant for future generations. I for one will be sending you some $ for some of those writing pads and hope that others do also. There will be an article in the next Partner that is at the printer now on the DMAC Museum effort and your assistance is appreciated. If you email Frank I'm sure he will let you put a notice in the Spring Partner when it comes out.

Where Are You From? Oviedo (near Orlando) Florida

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65 4 dr

Re: The great Durant archiving/ digitation project is in full swing! But I need your help!

Thanks for the help Mike, I really appreciate the contribution and help
I will for sure contact Frank and see about putting an ad in the next issue.
I actually ordered the note pads a few days ago so they should be in soon!
Also, I would like to thank Bob Smith for his contribution to the cause!
As soon as the notepads get back from the printer they will be mailed out!

Thanks again Everyone !

Photobucket

This is the collection I haven't gotten archived yet. I haven't gone through everything, but It looks to be about 4000+ items. Everyones contributions help me get this priceless, one of a kind items out of these storage boxes, and into a protective environment.

Thanks again,

-Phillip

Where Are You From? Moreno Valley Ca

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club