Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
(Prototype) Durant Radiator Badge

There was a radiator badge/emblem sold on ebay today...As far as I know this rectangular shaped badge has never appeared on any of our cars, the badge looks very similar to the early A-22 but the griffon/Welsh Dragon is contained within the square or actually rectangular shape...I have seen a couple others show up on ebay and I believe Bob Smith snagged the first one, I didn't win the one today but am wondering about the history of these badges and where are they coming from...Did Durant produce some of these badges possiably for the A-22 and then decide not to use them and now they are getting into circulation? The ebay item # is 310283482694
Bill

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / 29 model 40 Coupe

Re: (Prototype) Durant Radiator Badge

Bill,

I have seen those before, Lance used to have one and I think knew the story behind them.

Rick

Bob did buy the first one that came up on E-bay and paid over $500.00 for his. l got the next one the seller put up for $500.00 then he sold a couple more and stopped. l contacted the seller and he got a small box of them brand new wrapped in tissue paper that he got at a estate sale and a few of us figured they were made for possible use on the first Durant cars but was not accepted by who ever. None of us has seen them on a car yet and the cup on the back is exactly the right size to fit into the radiator shells of the Durant cars.
Did that last one sell for only $60.00?
Lance Haynes
San Diego

Where Are You From? San Diego, CA

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Yes, I probably should have put more on it and then I wasn't home to watch the bidding...Yes, it went for $60.00 but who knows what it may have gone for with another serious bidder.

Where Are You From? Yuma, AZ / Leavenworth, WA

Do You own a car built by Durant? '23 A-22 Touring / 29 model 40 Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club